1. Title. The name of the Club shall be “MR2 Roadster Owners Club” (“MR2ROC”), hereafter referred to as “The Club”.
a) To further interest in MR2 Roadster motoring for owners and enthusiasts.
b) To provide members with information, advice and assistance on matters connected with MR2 roadsters and motoring.
c) To arrange events, social gatherings and other meetings.
d) To afford members such benefits and privileges as it may be possible to arrange.
e) To maintain an internet forum to aid such objectives being met.
3. Membership shall be open to Ladies and Gentlemen of not less than 17 years of age, with an interest in the objectives of the Club. The membership shall consist of (a) Club Members, (b) Affiliate Members.
4. Management. The authority and responsibility for the transaction of the business of the Club for its management shall be vested in a Committee, who, in addition to the powers and authorities by these rules expressly conferred on them, may exercise all powers and do all acts in furtherance of the objects for which the Club is established or done by the Club.
5. Election of Committee members. The Chairman, Secretary/Treasurer and Affiliate & Moderation Manager, along with other committee members of the Club, shall be elected in forum voting once every 24 months. Candidates are required to own and run an MR2 Roadster on the public roads regularly. Any committee member shall be elected as part of the election process and, subject to termination of office by resignation, at the next Vote following their appointment. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt other members, as they deem necessary. The retiring officers and other members of the Committee shall be eligible for re-election.
a) The Committee shall consist of an uneven number of members not less than three. Nominations of Candidates for election to the Committee must be received by the Secretary not less than seven days before the Voting period, with an intimation by each Club member nominated that he or she is willing to serve. The Committee shall have the power to appoint a Sub-Committee to meet on its behalf in respect of any matter, which is specially referred to such a Sub-Committee.
b) The Committee will periodically review and amend where necessary The Club Constitution, The Terms and Conditions of Use and The Board Rules. Any changes will be brought to the attention of members.
c) The Committee is representative of the club in official meetings with other organisations.
7. Meetings of the Committee. The Secretary, either of his/her own accord or by the direction of the Chairman, shall unless otherwise agreed by all the Committee give at least 7 days notice of a meeting.
8. Absence from meeting. Any member of the Committee who shall, without sufficient reasons, absent himself from three consecutive board meetings may be called upon to resign his position upon the Committee.
9. The minutes of all meetings of the Committee, howsoever held, shall be recorded and held in the appropriate section of the club forum.
10. Banking. The club shall hold at least one bank account in which all funds shall be held. No payments shall be made without the authority of the Committee. Two Committee members must sign all cheques.
11. Voting of Committee. Each member present at a meeting of the Committee shall be entitled to exercise one vote. The Committee shall vote by ballot if any member present so demands.
12. Subscription. The Club have an optional Club Affiliate membership fee negotiable per annum. The club however, will remain free to join for all those who want to.
13. Copies of Rules. Every member shall be furnished with a copy of the Club rules and regulations on registering for the Club and may be required to reaffirm agreement from time to time.
14. Dissolution. The Club may be dissolved by a Special General Meeting convened by direction of the Committee, or on the requisition of the majority of the Club Members. If the resolution of dissolution be duly passed, the Committee shall forthwith liquidate the affairs of the Club, and if there be any surplus assets on realisation, these shall be disposed of to a like-minded motoring association or club as confirmed by a majority vote at the Special General Meeting.