DeBadge & ReBadge

Anything to make your '2 look unique

DeBadge & ReBadge

Postby bernie11a » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:22 pm

Front now Black JDM Eagle

Wheels refurbed in black with caps over the wheel nuts & JDM Centre caps so what to do on the rear.

Really like Rob of Likwidart's eagle & he photoshop'd the option below

Decided it was a great option and will get them tomorrow can't wait to get the OEM off
Current - Black 2004 N/A 171BHP
Prev
2003 Black
2001 Silver SMT
bernie11a

Re: DeBadge & ReBadge

Postby uktotty » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:58 pm

why have you called your car a Spyder?
The silver on black looks good, just dont understand you changing the name?
Corkys - Pelican Racing Grille - Blue Flame - Xenons - Lockwoods - JVC DVD MP3- Big Mongos! - Crystal Indicators -Tans hairpins - Devs Caps - Devs Light Cover - Devs Dedimple - Girls Number Plate - JSpec Wheel Caps - JSpec Nose Badge - JSpec Graphics - JSpec Rear Badge - Brodit Car kit and Holder - Blue Hardtop - Unichip - TTE Springs - TTE Spoiler - TTE Filler Cap - Juran FSB - Juran RSB - Facelift Front/Rear Lights - Titanium HVAC**** PRECAT FREE ZONE!****
uktotty

2000 Toyota MR2

Postby bernie11a » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:13 pm

Well its a Spyder in the US and adds to the mystique to the many in the outside world that don't know much about the 2
Prev
2003 Black
2001 Silver SMT
bernie11a

Postby Curlytoppz » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:01 pm

I like it :D
Curlytoppz

Postby neel35 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:08 pm

Looks great. That shiny metal thingie behind the seats - what r they called?? any1 knows where I could get one from?? looks sweet...
cheers
History: Fiat Brava - Mazda3 - Impreza Sport 2.0 N/A - Impreza Wrx-Ra 2.0 Turbo - Honda Accord 2.0 Vtec - Toyota MR2
neel35

Postby Treboeth » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:17 pm

neel35 wrote:Looks great. That shiny metal thingie behind the seats - what r they called?? any1 knows where I could get one from?? looks sweet...
cheers

There called style bars or feferred to sometimes as a roll bar(which strictly speaking they are not).

Search for style bar and plenty of pics will come up :D
AmeR » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:50 pm
The Mrs had an idea the other day to lose the bonnet and turn the frunk into a seat for our pooch!! All that would be needed is a harness and some goggles!! :lol:
Treboeth

Postby life of bryan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:18 pm

life of bryan

Postby bernie11a » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:04 pm

neel35 wrote:Looks great. That shiny metal thingie behind the seats - what r they called?? any1 knows where I could get one from?? looks sweet...
cheers

Here is the link to Frenzy bars which is where a few of us got them from.

Warren makes a batch to order so would suggest you contact him direct

http://www.frenzybars.com/mr2.htm

Also link to most recent topic

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33220
Prev
2003 Black
2001 Silver SMT
bernie11a

Postby bernie11a » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:21 pm

So have debadged, cleaned including roof & new badges now on, a lot of effort in debadging but I'm happy with the new look

Many thanks to Rob at Likwidart
Prev
2003 Black
2001 Silver SMT
bernie11a

Postby uktotty » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:57 pm

But you still chose to name it wrongly?
Does it have a trunk, fenders and runs on gas?
Corkys - Pelican Racing Grille - Blue Flame - Xenons - Lockwoods - JVC DVD MP3- Big Mongos! - Crystal Indicators -Tans hairpins - Devs Caps - Devs Light Cover - Devs Dedimple - Girls Number Plate - JSpec Wheel Caps - JSpec Nose Badge - JSpec Graphics - JSpec Rear Badge - Brodit Car kit and Holder - Blue Hardtop - Unichip - TTE Springs - TTE Spoiler - TTE Filler Cap - Juran FSB - Juran RSB - Facelift Front/Rear Lights - Titanium HVAC**** PRECAT FREE ZONE!****
uktotty

2000 Toyota MR2

Postby frogger » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Each to their own I say.

Looks good, neat job, and crucially, level lol

Crack on with what you want, whether thats calling it MR2 MRS Spyder Mk3 Roadster Susan Pugh Barney McGrew Cuthbert Dibble or Grub
frogger

Postby bernie11a » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:14 pm

uktotty wrote:But you still chose to name it wrongly?
Does it have a trunk, fenders and runs on gas?

Is it a 2 yes,

"Am I bovvered" No

We all mod our 2's to our tastes and I thought the point of the club is to share what we do and where we obtain products from, it was good to see the variety of differing Mods in the Piks & Les's vid of the CAE, vivre la differance !

I have chosen to mod mine to a style I'm happy with and have appreciated some good advice and products suggested by many and I've seen plenty here I wouldn't personally like or run with, but I wouldn't dream of slagging anyone or their mod off.

Sarky comments on what you don't like could litter the posts and taken to the limit mean productive members like mrzwei end up leaving.
Prev
2003 Black
2001 Silver SMT
bernie11a

Postby uktotty » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:24 pm

Not a Sarky comment at all, I don't eat Zuccinis or ride elevators, use a faucet or a flashlight. I don't have tires, swaybars, use garbage or take math.
The English language is slowly disappearing and today someone said they had been to "miniature golf" we don't have miniature golf in the UK.
It's a pet hate, love the colour choice (not color) and the contrast against the black, just not happy with the factually incorrect wording, that's all.
Great, do what you like, paint your car pink and stick some 20" rims on it and Lambo doors if you want, I just dont understand why you chose the incorrect wording.
uktotty

2000 Toyota MR2

Postby bernie11a » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:00 am

uktotty wrote:Not a Sarky comment at all, I don't eat Zuccinis or ride elevators, use a faucet or a flashlight. I don't have tires, swaybars, use garbage or take math.
The English language is slowly disappearing and today someone said they had been to "miniature golf" we don't have miniature golf in the UK.
It's a pet hate, love the colour choice (not color) and the contrast against the black, just not happy with the factually incorrect wording, that's all.
Great, do what you like, paint your car pink and stick some 20" rims on it and Lambo doors if you want, I just dont understand why you chose the incorrect wording.

I think we need to move on so I think we will have to agree to disagree, whilst I understand your position we are after all talking about and owners of, a Japanese sports car, exported around the world, including the States and we aren't the Triumph Spitfire Owners Club.

What we have in common is our love of the MR2 and as Life Of Bryan knows, in the words of Reg (Peoples Front Of Judeah MR2 Owners Club - Splitters) we will defend the right of every man, or woman, to modify, or leave OEM, their MR2's as they see fit and if Stan wants to be known as Loretta from now on and wants to spray his 2 pink, fit 20" rims and Lambo Doors then we will admire the engineering that went into it, particularly the body & suspension mods for the rims.

I haven't been able to meet you at a Club Event yet as location & timing issues haven't allowed, but I do admire your list of Mods & obvious extensive knowledge of the 2 and am intending to go to the Poole Quay Open Top Sports Car Evening this Friday and if you could make it too I'd be happy to admire your 2 and Mods in the flesh, deride the Spazda MX5's there and be happy to buy you a beer, not a Bud ! and discuss the merits of the next Mod I should do, so many mods, so little cash.

Keep Smiling & Best Regards

Bernie
Prev
2003 Black
2001 Silver SMT
bernie11a

Postby frogger » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:23 pm

uktotty wrote:The English language is slowly disappearing

Or just continuing to evolve, in the way it has been for centuries :wink: languages have never been static and never will.
It would be a strange world today if anyone at any point in time had succeeding in 'preventing' english from disappearing/evolving.

[MOD]Text removed from banned ex-member [/MOD]
frogger

Postby Wabbitkilla » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:27 pm

[MOD] Some entries to this thread have been removed as they were created and were reactions to an ex-member who has been banned for life. Just keeping it tidy by removing the references to the ex-member, nothing any of you need to worry about. [/MOD]
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from.
Red car, Red leather interior, Red hardtop, Red gear gaiter, Red interior light, Red callipers, and red monster hat.
All very understated ;-)

MR2ROC Chairman 2009-2013
Wabbitkilla
MR2ROC Admin

Location: Skipton, North Yorkshire. Work in Leeds, West Yorkshire

DeBadge & ReBadge

Postby Mike_V » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:22 pm

Bernie. Just seen this thread and I have to say that I like what you've done :-)
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/
Mike_V

Location: Nr Lancaster/Hartlepool/Frodsham or usually somewhere in between.

Postby Wabbitkilla » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:50 pm

I like it too, makes a change to see someone calling it the Spyder over here and imho suits the car well :D
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from.
Red car, Red leather interior, Red hardtop, Red gear gaiter, Red interior light, Red callipers, and red monster hat.
All very understated ;-)

MR2ROC Chairman 2009-2013
Wabbitkilla
MR2ROC Admin

Location: Skipton, North Yorkshire. Work in Leeds, West Yorkshire

DeBadge & ReBadge

Postby Mike_V » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:54 pm

Wabbitkilla wrote:I like it too, makes a change to see someone calling it the Spyder over here and imho suits the car well :D

Totally agree !!
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/
Mike_V

Location: Nr Lancaster/Hartlepool/Frodsham or usually somewhere in between.

Postby bernie11a » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Mike_V wrote:
Wabbitkilla wrote:I like it too, makes a change to see someone calling it the Spyder over here and imho suits the car well :D

Totally agree !!

Thanks guys, at the end of the day its all about changing & modding to our individual tastes & sharing the info.

Rob at Likwidart was really helpful and for those who prefer Roadster he has that too !
Prev
2003 Black
2001 Silver SMT
bernie11a

Postby fulmar/88 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:58 pm

could you advise where to buy the wheel centres and the rear spyder. many thanks
fulmar/88

Postby s12vea » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:23 pm

I'm sure ive seen them on ebay. I'm sure they are £5.99 + p&p
2002 - 6R4 Forest green --- Peoples choice (Ding Day 2014 )
Ex Silver TF207 ------- SP Turbo 223bhp

A few of my MR2's ...... viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41408&p=487898#
s12vea

2002 Toyota MR2

Postby Stephster » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:17 pm

Each to their own, I am an "as it came out of the factory" kinda girl myself.
Never mind the "Spyder" badge though - it appears you have an illegal number plate, can't read it clearly at all. :lol:
2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory :) - I loved owning her !
Gone over to the dark side - 05 Black Z4 2.0i se with red leather.
Stephster

Postby bernie11a » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:50 pm

fulmar/88 wrote:could you advise where to buy the wheel centres and the rear spyder. many thanks

Wheel Centres are from Prolex and are the proper JDM @ £75 for the set linky below

http://prolex-uk.com/shop/index.php?mai ... cts_id=653

Spyder logo from Likwidart £50 site linky below

http://likwidart.com/index.html
Prev
2003 Black
2001 Silver SMT
bernie11a

Postby scipio » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:17 pm

In South Africa they are called Spyders and there is no Roadster badge on the right rear as I've seen in pics of UK cars, in fact, there is nothing on the right rear! On my car I've removed the Toyota badging on the rear and left the MR2 in the middle. Somehow it just looks cleaner and more balanced.
Scipio

Getaway - 2001 Silver H/Top - TRD Twin Exhaust - TRD Chip - Gutted Pre-cats - Red Calipers - J-Spec badge

Breakaway - 2008 Silver Hilux 3.0 D4-D Raider Double Cab
scipio

2001 Toyota MR2

Postby ekimq » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:36 am

I've been looking at getting insurance and on at least one site "debadged" was one of the options to declare modifications! Next they'll be asking us to insure the fuel seperately too :x
Mike
MR2 Killer (retd.) - 2003 Red Apexi turbo - AC's Red Rocket :(

The sun is out, get your top off!
ekimq

2003 Toyota MR2

Postby dcod » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:42 am

ekimq wrote:I've been looking at getting insurance and on at least one site "debadged" was one of the options to declare modifications! Next they'll be asking us to insure the fuel seperately too :x

Ridiculous.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a ''Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine'' to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.
dcod

2001 Toyota MR2

Postby RacingSnake » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:18 pm

I've been 'debadged' for years with just the Likwidart tail logo - I like the rebadge on this post and I think its just an extra little personalisation which makes the car unique for that owner. :D
Silver '02, TTE Style Bar, JSpec Nose, Simon's diamond repeaters, Dev's keyhole covers, rear tow point reflectors, likwidart tail logo [OBDII reader holder] large & small PG chimp power! :)
RacingSnake

Postby kentsmudger » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:13 pm

uktotty wrote: just not happy with the factually incorrect wording, that's all.

Isn't language complicated; I found the following etymology excerpts interesting -

"Spyder comes from a kind of horse-cab manufactured by Holmes in Dublin (Ireland), developing an idea born in GB in 1860 as a mix of the Tilbury-type cab (two seats, two wheels) with the phaeton (four seats). Holmes named his cabs "Spyders", as they resembled "Spiders" for their large and light wheels and the body (very light) suspended among them. The Spyder had two "main" seats (with a "cabriolet" cover)+ 2 "emergency" seats on the rear, for the "valets". "

Spider comes from Middle English 'spithre', from Old English spider, from Proto-Germanic *spinþrô (“spider", literally, "spinner”)

A roadster is a two-seat open car with emphasis on sporty handling and without a fixed roof or side weather protection. Strictly speaking a roadster with wind-up windows is a convertible

I prefer Drophead Coupe, myself
Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky's Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and other cars.

'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012)
kentsmudger

Return to Appearance Related