BRIDE EURO II SEATS.

Anything to make your '2 look unique

BRIDE EURO II SEATS.

Postby simontan75 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:49 am

Just got myself the new Bride Euro II seats. These are the cross between racing and street seats, and are ergonomically designed. The design is very similar to the GTR seats especially those from R34 Skylines. I opted the black fabric ones since they are available in the shop. I'm gonna leather up to baige anyway, so doesn't matter what colour they are.

In order to use these seats, you either need to modify your existing seat rails or purchase the Bride ones. Only one type of seat rail is available for this. It's the YO type. DON'T GET THE MO TYPE RAILS MEANT FOR THE ERGO II, THEY DON'T FIT!! ASK ME HOW I KNOW!!

These rails will slightly lower the seats. I haven't gotten to measure how much they are lowered, but I know it's minimal.

These seats are more comfortable at the side than the ERGO II since the sides at waist level are a liltte wider. THe ERGO II is slightly more hugging. But for long hours of driving, I feel the EURO II are better. The shoulder supports for EURO II are wider, flanged to the side a little more. For bigger builts like you UK lots, you should feel better in these seats. The downside to the Euro II and ERGO II is they don't have lumber support.

I'll post some photos of the seats in my car tomorrow when the lights is better.
simontan75

Postby perry190 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:47 am

cool! good choice

I've just recently ordered the Bride GIAS seats myself (but I'm not a lard arse like some of the fatty bums driving MR2's ;) )
perry190

Postby simontan75 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:09 pm

:lol:
simontan75

Postby heathstimpson » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:30 pm

They look sweet; look forward to seeing them installed. Are they available in leather as stock :?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS
heathstimpson

Postby simontan75 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:00 am

heathstimpson wrote:They look sweet; look forward to seeing them installed. Are they available in leather as stock :?:

They do offer leather option. However, this seat is not currently been updated in Bride's international websites. But I'm sure the UK agents are able to source them if you enquire.

If you need any additional info, goto Bride Japan @ http://www.bride-jp.com Use Google's translator if you have to.
simontan75

Postby perry190 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:23 am

Simon, have you fitted these yet?

I only ask as with car presently stripped right down (no seats, centre console or dash) I was looking at the wires that plug to the under side of the stock seats

on some cars they are just used for the seat belt warning lights, but on others they form part of the airbag circuit, with each airbag only being operational if the seat is in use?

I think on the 'two' they are only seat belt circuits but wanted to check before removing them?
perry190

Postby simontan75 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:48 am

perry190 wrote:on some cars they are just used for the seat belt warning lights, but on others they form part of the airbag circuit, with each airbag only being operational if the seat is in use?

I think on the 'two' they are only seat belt circuits but wanted to check before removing them?

Perry, I've fitted these 2 months ago. No airbag circuit, just seat belt warning signals. However, once aftermarket seats are installed, they will not be able to detect presence of passengers, since the occupant detection sensors are located in the stock seats. Therefore whether or not there's a person sitting on the seat, the fastern seatbelt sign will still flash UNLESS you buckle up the seat belts.

I heard it's possible to relocate the sensors into aftermarktet seats, but Ive not done that. Most of my mates just deactivate the signals so they are no longer flashing.
Last edited by simontan75 on Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simon.
simontan75

Postby simontan75 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:50 am

BTW, I think the SRS will only be activated when the seat belt is buckled up which complete an electrical loop that triggers it. BUt I'm not sure on that. Do you want me to check the BGB for you?

UPDATE: Just checked, the SRS sensor is located behind the cupholder/ciggy lighter unit. It is not connected in anyway to the seats.
Simon.
simontan75

Postby kanujunkie » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:19 am

i agree Simon, and apart from that the electrical connection on the seat with it buckled up and an arse on the seat is Open Circuit, so thats the same as leaving it disconnected anyway
Stu
rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009
kanujunkie

Postby perry190 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:42 am

thanks chaps :)
perry190

Postby simontan75 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:18 pm

I swear one of these days when I'm free up my arse, I'm gonna strip the stock and fit the weight sensors into my Euro. I hate it when the bloody light keeps flashing on me.... Oh... I rather my girlfriend does it instead. :lol:
Simon.
simontan75

Return to Appearance Related