Recent posts

Reader's Rides / Re: '01 Silver - The daily com...
Last post by Gaz2405 - April 17, 2024, 17:33
I found that holding the car at 2500rpm for a few seconds and repeating helped a ton with flushing coolant into all the right places.

It's my go to method now and I've dropped the coolant a she's load on my build.

Maybe give it a try, coolant temp should go up and then drop as soon as you let it idle, just rinse and repeat.

I've had also had the car fall on me before, when a jack failed, luckily just one wheel off adjusting suspension.
Last post by shnazzle - April 17, 2024, 15:39
Quote from: jvanzyl on April 17, 2024, 13:40Got it thanks!
I found that there was still a MAF clamping map active, which maaay have had something to do with it.. don't know yet.

I'm going to start tidying things up, removing oil gauges for now and ensuring the underside is clear of things that can catch on the ground, getting bumpers on etc.. feeling a bit happier about stuff to be honest.
MAF clamping will only stop it reading beyond what it is capable of. You haven't hit boost yet so... unlikely to be the issue unless it's clamped at like atmospheric :) hehe

But you told me the MAF was stock! If it's not then that's 100% going to mess with fueling.
Last post by jvanzyl - April 17, 2024, 13:40
Got it thanks!
I found that there was still a MAF clamping map active, which maaay have had something to do with it.. don't know yet.

I'm going to start tidying things up, removing oil gauges for now and ensuring the underside is clear of things that can catch on the ground, getting bumpers on etc.. feeling a bit happier about stuff to be honest.
Quote from: mr2garageswindon on April 17, 2024, 12:52Front or rear? rear defo handed.
Front, it sounds like they're handed.

Thanks
Last post by thetyrant - April 17, 2024, 12:54
Quote from: jvanzyl on April 16, 2024, 17:55Here's where the Wideband sensor is.

And the MAF tube is the same diameter though the sensor MAY be off by 1mm.. I shall raise it as this is exactly what the point of the maf riser isn't it? EDIT: it actually needs to go lower doesn't it?

And yes stock injectors are back in.

Wideband looks in good place  :)

MAF needs to be EXACTLY as stock setup the slightest difference in diameter or height of sensor in the airflow makes a difference to how the ecu controls the fuelling, if you can fit the stock maf tube in ? thats the best way when using stock ecu takes away any variables.
Front or rear? rear defo handed.
They're handed.
Can anyone confirm if the slider bracket (if that's what it's called) fits both sides? Ie non drive will fit the drive side caliper in the right place.

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue and want to switch parts from side to side to check.
And check headlight aim afterwards.
Just replaced all my suspension and rear mounts were perfect so kept.

Fronts were also good except one of the rubbers where spring sits was cracked so just replaced this.

Mine is a 2001 with 55,000 miles

Suspension is all good now, nice & tight without any knocks etc...