Recent posts

Reader's Rides / Re: '01 Silver - The daily com...
Last post by Carolyn - April 16, 2024, 15:11
You need to take the turbo out of the cooling system, reconnect the hoses and try filling it.  I bet it fills just fine.
Last post by jvanzyl - April 16, 2024, 14:55
Quote from: thetyrant on April 16, 2024, 14:46What are you using to read AFR ?

Coolant wise i would drain it out again at front then refill from rear as normal but go slow, make sure bleed pipes are on and open etc of course.

I've got an AEM-x.

Hmm.. possibly could do that... in fact yes that's a good call..ergh.. not looking forward to that again.
Last post by thetyrant - April 16, 2024, 14:46
What are you using to read AFR ?

Coolant wise i would drain it out again at front then refill from rear as normal but go slow, make sure bleed pipes are on and open etc of course.
Last post by jvanzyl - April 16, 2024, 13:17
finished the lower rear suspension arms today, yet again with engine running and trying the bleed screws occasionally. Still no joy.

Strut tops next to be tightened up and then it's wheels on and I can do the centre wheel nut thing on the passenger side.

I did notice that the AFR values are sitting in the early 20's... which is possibly a product of the zero'd out emanage map? or 2:1 configuration of the O2 sensors? no idea.. but I think I'm going to remove the emanage and have the boost limiter set to like 1PSI or something and try and drive it gently without the piggy back and watch the AFR values..

reversed the polarity on the oil temp/pressure gauges.. and yet again no joy.. they still don't work.. so no idea there.. do these sensors go bad???
Reader's Rides / Re: Southern Belle
Last post by Petrus - April 16, 2024, 11:55
Quote from: Joesson on April 16, 2024, 08:02That's the start of your Occupational Therapy then!
Hope all continues going well.

:))  :))  :))

... and back at the farm. She, WRX Girl, is off with the patches and the inlet duct is in too. Mountain Girl wants to go out and have tapas lunch on sunny Venta Talillas terrace. Elda (Gutsy Guaraní Girl) hopes to see me Thursday. ´If she wants to stay the weekend, she´s/ you´re welcome at my place´ says WRX Girl.

Occupational ´recovery´ is hard work @Joesson  ;)

Thanks @jvanzyl
Last post by jvanzyl - April 16, 2024, 10:25
glad you're out of it - look forward to a swift recovery!
For what it's worth, my subframe was rotted on the opposite side (as @Carolyn mentions this is the usual place, near the exhaust). It was a bigger hole than this.

I took my subframe out, took it to a local garage and they welded a patch on for about £60.

So far it's held up for well over a year, multiple track days and one trip in to a tyre wall and more track days.

As always, your mileage may vary!
Last post by Joesson - April 16, 2024, 08:02
Quote from: Petrus on April 16, 2024, 07:37That went a bit different, as usual  ::)
There were THRÉÉ surgeons and a consort of assistants/onlookers.
The operation took several hours and was tricky apparently. The titánium feels ok though.

A lady friend is picking me up for coffee at my local. We will make a selection from the bag of Panda and HelloKitty patches for on the sling :))

That's the start of your Occupational Therapy then!
Hope all continues going well.
Last post by Petrus - April 16, 2024, 07:37
Quote from: Joesson on April 10, 2024, 21:03@Petrus said:

You may have had a lucky escape with the titanium because it is absolutely horrid stuff to work with unless you have access to the right tools.

I very much agree, hopefully your surgeons will be well prepared.

That went a bit different, as usual  ::)
There were THRÉÉ surgeons and a consort of assistants/onlookers.
The operation took several hours and was tricky apparently. The titánium feels ok though.

A lady friend is picking me up for coffee at my local. We will make a selection from the bag of Panda and HelloKitty patches for on the sling  :))
Last post by Ardent - April 15, 2024, 21:25
I forget who said it recently. But if car can go on the road, given the state of them that is the best place to try and dislodge an air bubble. All the jiggling  about etc etc