Sky Insurance - Discount for ROC members!

Started by skyinsurance, November 13, 2008, 14:54

skyinsurance

Quote from: "WillsSayers"Apparently they won't insure me being under 23 with a V6'd Roadster   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Hi, unfortunately a 21 year old is high risk on this car.  We'd need to see a high level of NCB to insure you on the V6.

Bare in mind we insure more V6 converted MR2s here han any other UK insurer so we do them if we can.

Kind regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Contact us:

TEL: 03303 331250
WEB: www.skyinsurance.co.uk
EMAIL: http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/

YOU CAN ALSO SEND US A PRIVATE MESSAGE!

WillsSayers

Ollie,

Don't worry, I'm not surprised by it  s:) :) s:)  I do have 2 years no claims, and the 3rd comes in place at the end of july, but unfortunately I'm going to have to cancel the current policy, so I'll be losing that extra year!  s:( :( s:(

I've got sorted out now anyway by the sounds of things, but I won't sully your thread with that  s:) :) s:)

Thanks.

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

spit

Sorry you've been unable to cater for Manch postcodes this year Ollie ..... 'phoning around I'm completely at a loss to understand the logic that underwriters apply   s:? :? s:?  

Current renewal quotation (CSMA-LV) is a 2-car policy: my knackered old AZ3 - no mods, no use and no value beyond the maximum excesses (ie hardly any point!) is 40% of the renewal premium, whereas the '2 is covered for all of its bells and whistles and business miles too   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

So, I enquired about moving the AZ3 from fully comp to third party only. It saves me a whopping 5 quid   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

So, I enquired about dumping the AZ-3 and insuring just the '2. This doubles the premium on the '2  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

The only way I can get a reduction is to move - it would be half the price if I'd stayed in Lancaster .... and one of the two would probably have been nicked by now!

This really sucks when you're an enthusiastic owner and a historically monumentally low risk.

[/rant]

Hoping SKY and others are trying to inject some sense into underwriter's premium algorithms (aka wet finger in the air approach).

I feel so much better now   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

philster_d

Your not wrong Ste, there seems to be no logic sometimes.

onion86

Just paid the premium for the new addition  s:D :D s:D

So added...
Turbocharger
Intercooler
Boost Controller
Emanage
Replacement of current air filter
New Clutch
declared ~250BHP
+£387.50 ontop of the current £1155, which considering how much is is to start with I'm pretty pleased with. Still hoping it goes down a LOT when I'm 25 or I will 100% be selling and buying a facelift UK model as even with the extra £1000s on the car I will save around £700 on insurance every year for a car that's newer and worth a lot more. Maybe then the insurance company I work for will actually insure me...

Anyway, very helpful on the phone as always, cheers Sky!

One thing I will mention though as feedback is that over the last 2 years Sky have been rather awful at phoning back when they say they will without a lot of chasing...
Current example:
I called Friday lunchtime, was told it was busy, gave contact details and was told I would get a call back; no call back.
Phoned back at 3pm, said what I wanted, was told the Master Underwriter was out until Monday so it would get sorted and I'd get a call back Monday.
Monday comes, nothing.
Today comes, I called 30 minutes ago, nothing has been done with the quote and it got sorted in less than 5 minutes over the phone. I did wait an extra day just in case yesterday was very busy but still didn't hear anything today and couldn't wait any longer. It's just the little things in life, but I would've saved a lot of time and phone calls  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "onion86"One thing I will mention though as feedback is that over the last 2 years Sky have been rather awful at phoning back when they say they will without a lot of chasing...

+1 I rang them yesterday and they promised to call me back this morning. So far Nada!

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

SimonC_Here

I called last night and was promised a call back today, and I got one. Pity I had left my phone on the desk and was out of the office when it rang. Sorry Daniel I think the voice mail said!

So called them back and spoke to a very knowledgeable chap who took all my details about my modifications and gave me a very good quote.

I'm just waiting for the quote paperwork and I guess you will be having my money!

Thanks Sky Insurance.

nyeregis

Sky did it for me recently:

I have just renewed with Sky. They were over 10% cheaper than my current insurer and far better to deal with; Luke was friendly, courteous and obviously knowledgable and interested. Highly recommended.

Luke also called when he said he would do so.

Tony
Lagoon blue, hardtop, Corky\'s, Hass turbo, E Manage, A/C. Kirks.

Anonymous

I did get a fairly competive quote, but twice asked for paperwork to be sent to check etc and never recieved it.

skyinsurance

Quote from: "onion86"One thing I will mention though as feedback is that over the last 2 years Sky have been rather awful at phoning back when they say they will without a lot of chasing...

Hi,

unfortunately I can only agree with you on this point at the moment.  Sky Insurance (despite the economic climate) is growing, last month we had a very busy time of it and this included our best ever day for new business and renewals combined.  The office is busy, sometimes it is relentless!

We have done a couple of things to tackle this issue.  First of all we have employed an external company to pick up the overflow of our calls.  This is proving to be a double edged sword though!  Secondly, we are going through a recruitment process.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Contact us:

skyinsurance

Quote from: "evileye_xc"

+1 I rang them yesterday and they promised to call me back this morning. So far Nada!

Phil

Phil,

you have PM

Thanks

Ollie
Contact us:

skyinsurance

Quote from: "nelix"I did get a fairly competive quote, but twice asked for paperwork to be sent to check etc and never recieved it.

Hi,

you have PM with my apologies

Ollie
Contact us:

skyinsurance

FAO all club members and Sky customers:

any problems, queries, amendments, call back/paperwork issues please do not hesitate to contact me by private message or email to  e mailto:ollief@skyinsurance.co.uk">ollief@skyinsurance.co.uk e .

Please take advantage of this service that we offer.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Contact us:

davidarden

Just a reference for the younger drivers knocking around (I'm 20, 3 years NCB clean licence etc.). Spoke to Sky Insurance today and they couldnt get near to the renewal quote I've got from Admiral. Great to deal with though and I'll be trying them again next year.
2003 | Silver | TTE Springs | Twin H&S | No Precats | Toyo T1-R\'s | Red Calipers | De-badged | Pioneer DEH-50UB

spit

That's Wigan for ya   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Ollie is trying hard to find a way through this NW underwriter grief. I'll also be trying them next year to see what they can come up with.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

DannyN

He couldnt even quote for me in Newton-le-willows due to me having a WA postcode (warrington) - oh well
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

davidarden

I'm a WA postcode, not strictly from Wigan. All the chap said (Jason I think?) was they wouldnt be able to get near my other quote, didnt realise its because of where I'm from - which is actually a very nice area I'll have you know!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
2003 | Silver | TTE Springs | Twin H&S | No Precats | Toyo T1-R\'s | Red Calipers | De-badged | Pioneer DEH-50UB

DannyN

Yes the WA postcode is your problem, they cant quote for any modified MR2's in the WA area
I'm a WA12 now but I used to be a WA3
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

NorthandSouth

No point me trying then if Danny already has   s:? :? s:?
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

enid_b

just for reference,

i tried to get a quote for the mighty hyundai i30, 1.4

gocompare etc, £249

sky, £429

NW postcode

is this not discrimination?

fail.
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

evileye_wrx

It's well kinown they won't insure anyone from Manchester. You must be too close to the No Fly Zone. I've dumped them after my renewal quote went up despite now having an unmodified car. They didn't even bother offering a price match when I told them I was leaving. you could almost hear the guy shrug his shoulders down the phone

Phil

Quote from: "enid_b"just for reference,

i tried to get a quote for the mighty hyundai i30, 1.4

gocompare etc, £249

sky, £429

NW postcode

is this not discrimination?

fail.
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

E, i have seen AF quote guys 20 years younger than me with far less no claims and modded (performance wise) cars cheaper than they will quote me.

Just the old postcode lottery again.

mrzwei

My personal experience is that these comparison web sites actually work; certainly 'loyalty and no claims bonus'  are long gone. I've always been quoted a cheaper renewal by using them, I think because they offer discounts on new business, even though the company / broker you are dealing with may be the same one that you had your insurance with before, albeit under a different brand name. Also, you will almost always be quoted a cheaper price if you query the renewal quote on the phone. I've been back in the UK for ten years now, had five insurance claims (yeah, you need to avoid me   s:D :D s:D  )  and have only had good service from the various insurance companies that I have used; what I'm saying is that the service level is not directly linked to the price you pay; bit like airlines.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

creamykiwi

I had a chat with Sky last week and although they couldn't match the quote I'd got due to my age, I was very impressed by the service & helpfulness  s:) :) s:)  will keep trying as I get older  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I've had several quotes from them, one for the MR2 which they could not match AF on and the last one was the IQ - the question back was "what's an IQ - is that the same as an Aygo"   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:   so I went with LV who did know what an IQ was.

Tags: