How SMT works

Started by Anonymous, September 22, 2011, 09:10

Anonymous

m http://www.ariclim.com/files/mr2spyder/SMT.pdf m
I looked all over for info when I bought my SMT.
This link was pointed out to me yesterday. Thought it might be useful.

Steve Green

Excellent document find. One day it will prove very useful.
I suggest it is copied to every SMT owners hard drives.

Good work.
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

markiii

or moved to teh library?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Steve Green

Quote from: "markiii"or moved to the library?

Good idea, but would the Mods allow that as its a Toyota original document.

I am not clear on this policy, most Toyota dealers would not have a clue how SMT works, and if you had a problem they would be pleased to see a copy of D!cks find and not immediately complain about breach of copyright.
The time will come when these documents will be out of print from Toyota, if they have not already been de-listed.

I am a member of a BL classic car forum, I have many relevant manuals and books, presumably they are still copyright, but without copies of the relevant pages, some classic cars would end up on the scrapheap.

Mk3 MR2's are a long way from becoming classics but without clubs retaining copies of the relevant documentation, the future existence of the cars is jeapordised.

Under current law there is an exemption of 'Fair use'. Since the publication on this website is for the enthusiast, does not 'fair use' apply, much as it does where you might take a book out from a library, or a lecturer reference chapters in a book for the benefit of his students.
If the publication is used for profit by a commercial organisation, surely then it is that organisations duty to obey the laws of the land and use only commercially available documentation.
2003 Facelift SMT

markiii

we are linking to someone else not hosting it ourselves, should be fine

certainly no worse than it being on this thread
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Steve Green

Quote from: "markiii"we are linking to someone else not hosting it ourselves, should be fine

certainly no worse than it being on this thread

Links are vulnerable and depend on others to keep paying for hosting the info and retaining it in the same folder etc etc. They are far from permanent or secure.

Does not the club have an implicit responsibility to the members to ensure that such documentation is retained for the benefit of the members?
2003 Facelift SMT

markiii

the file is an extract from the BGB, hosting that is going to get someone sued

Cap

If you go to
 w www.autoshop101.com w
You will find Toyota Documents used to teach in a free website..  

I think the use and Hosting of Copyrighted Material should be left up to the Decision of the Moderators..  

Cap

markiii

I think it should be left to the comittee as its them in the firing line

Anonymous

Steve Green

Quote from: "markiii"I think it should be left to the comittee as its them in the firing line

Agreed, but it does not hurt to review the situation periodically.
2003 Facelift SMT

Tags: