My Sable 2005 - C-One Kitted + C2 Turbo

Started by onion86, April 4, 2012, 00:19

onion86

So... I thought I'd just start a thread this time to document all the changes on my car. Unlike my C-One kitted MR-S this one has come to me completely standard so I'll keep this here to see how much I can ruin the car over time as I'll be making some changes   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

December I bought myself my 2nd MR2 from Barry in Wales, a Sable 55 plate with A/C and Heated Leather seats. She had a few more miles on than my 11 year old MR-S but I thought I'd take the plunge at the price and upgrade to a facelift in my favourite colour. Went over on the train and picked her up on a lovely December morning... in the rain...   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  

Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

onion86

Exterior

I spent most of the first few months of ownership doing a lot of work on the old car but did manage to transfer over the TRD front strut brace, Corky breastplate, crystal side repeaters, mongos, 17" wheels and number plate, as well as getting hold of some new Sable keyhole covers  s:) :) s:)

08/12/12 - Body overhaul this weekend C-One Kit fitted! -  l viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37734&p=488759#p488759 l
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

onion86

In the last few weeks I've spent a bit of time on the interior, the main exterior will come next but that's still a work in progress  s;) ;) s;)  

Audio

Firstly I thought I'd takle my audio and get rid of the stock head unit as having the aerial up all the time just annoys me, especially when I listen to CDs most of the time, I like single din so ordered a converter then started searching the Internet for a head unit.

I opted for something I hoped would work due to my previous Sony stereo so got myself a Sony BT3900U with built in Bluetooth and a front USB slot to be done with using CDs as I've filled a tiny 16GB memory stick that can stay in permanently. Luckily this Sony unit also has the feature to keep the aerial down at all times unless listening to the radio and I'm more than happy with it, handsfree phone is also something I wish I'd had sooner, I've switch the lights to red to more closely match the interior lights.

I also installed my Blaupunkt active sub into the rear bins and sound deadened both doors with Wickes flashing tape and I'll replace the speakers later on.

Now on to the rest of the interior...

onion86

Interior

I transferred over my old centre console with my armrest and cut out slots for the heated seat switches, these are now hidden under the armrest which means I don't accidentally switch them with my elbow:

As I can't keep the armrest with the leather matching my old seats I got a new leather cover delivered today; it's only on as a test fit but I think goes pretty well, I will be adding some padding and installing it properly in the next few days as just leather on plastic was still a little uncomfortable:

With the chrome tweeters and extra shiny bits inside the facelift I thought I'd go with a subtle looking black/shiny finish rather than a lot of spraying I did in the old car which has been made easy by Steve's (widermuller) hvac knobs. I tried out a couple of gear knobs but I've decided on this Momo one along with my TRD short shifter that I think goes great with the black leather/shiny bits and alloy/black leather tax disc holder!

From seeing a recent thread from steve-m-uk I thought I'd go for a Yaris T-Sport Sable steering wheel to match the outside of the car (it's slightly lighter than I was hoping but is a nice change) as well as purchasing some chrome binnacle rings and MR2 carpets to replace the 'lovely' red outlined ones the dealer put in.
So here's the finished dash and a top down view with my club sticker  s:D :D s:D

Pull emblem:

woodman

lovely stu  s:) :) s:)  whats next on the cards???  s:P :P s:P
JDM[size=85]addict[/size]

onion86

Next on the cards at the moment is a full oil change and spark plugs as the garage I bought it from decided they wouldn't do that even though they said it'd be fully serviced before I took her away   s:x :x s:x  (I checked everything before I paid the balance, complained a bit and got £100 off before I took her away), as well as removing the pre-cats; got everything waiting at home for that which I can hopefully do on Sunday.

Lowering springs, new brakes, new tyres and an alignment will be done in the next few weekends.

The next mountain to climb is the bodykit... I've received my C-One rear lip so I've got to do a little work getting that back to looking as good as possible as well as modding it to take twin exhaust and having the full kit resprayed.

Insurance is up for renewal next month so I'll then save a bit of money on that being n/a and I can save up for all the exhaust / turbo work + premium hike in the summer  s;) ;) s;)

woodman

sounds like its going to be turned into another little beast! keep the pics coming, i love being a nosy sod lol   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
thats shocking how they didnt service it before sale, im guessing most people wouldnt have even questioned them! cowboys! ate least its found itself a good home now, keep it up  s8) 8) s8)
JDM[size=85]addict[/size]

Raptor

I really like that steering wheel Stu
I think it would look fab with the greay interior I got from you during the rainy months LOL
would it match the seats?

Cheers
Andy

Pavett1990

Looks really nice pal  s:D :D s:D  lovely colour too  s:D :D s:D
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

onion86

Thanks guys  s:D :D s:D

Quote from: "Raptor"I really like that steering wheel Stu
I think it would look fab with the greay interior I got from you during the rainy months LOL
would it match the seats?

Cheers
Andy
Wow, I've just looked at your garage photo and those seats do look amazing in your car can I have them back?!  s;) ;) s;)

If you look in my very last picture above and make it bigger you can see my old arm rest that very closely matched the seats you bought from me (it was slightly lighter though) in the same photo with the steering wheel; the wheel is quite a bit darker so it might not go perfectly but I don't think it wouldn't be massively noticeable if you decided to try it.

steve-m-uk

The wheel is a good match for the t-sport seats if you can find some  s:) :) s:)  

Sent from my finger using Jedi magic
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

Raptor

Stu

Where did you get the chrome gear gater surrround? got a link?

Cheers
Andy

onion86

Got this little lot ready to go on now  s:) :) s:)

A lot of waiting for paint to dry today and not keen on the weather forecast so not going to get as much done as I want on this long weekend (just brakes really). Need the car on Thursday for a 400 mile round trip so leaving the lowering springs/ROCLinks for another week as I won't have time to get a wheel alignment done with all the bank holidays. Luckily I removed one of my droplinks from the ARB just to check and it came off easily so might not have to get the Dremel out like the last car! Doubt I can get the top of the droplink off with the tools I have so have to wait until the shocks are off the car.

Was busy this morning so only got the back discs done this afternoon before the rain started. I really should get a trolley jack I keep forgetting... had to do one side, wait for it to dry, put it back together, jack up other side... Front's tomorrow!

onion86

Well after battling with the rain for 4 days, using lots of bin liners to protect paint during showers and managing to only just get the front brakes bled yesterday after 6pm due to not wanting water near the brake fluid I managed to finish the job I started on Saturday  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

First issue on Monday was the Eezibleed doesn't fit our car (screw cap for brake fluid resevoir rather than push cap) so I took that back and replaced it for the simple pipe with valve from Halfords which I should've got to start with and used the 'girlfriend brake pedal' method.

The next issue was that the rear bleed nipples seemed to be 7mm (shops shut now!)... I borrowed a small adjustable off my neighbour as mine was too large to keep grip and got the back two done fine (these are refurbished units so weren't rusted). I then moved onto the rusted front O/S and the adjustable wouldn't even grip that, I gave up before I rounded it deciding to buy a 7mm spanner Tuesday morning when B&Q opened. Come Tuesday went to N/S front and 7mm spanner was too small, turns out the fronts were 8mm no the same as the rears  s:? :? s:?  a size I had all along... So N/S bled perfectly with the 8mm. Now because of the issue Monday the 8mm wouldn't grip the driver's side and rounded it off. Out with the Dremel, grinded it down to 7mm and got to use my new spanner in the end anyway, job done  s:) :) s:)

Before / After   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

I must say it definitely looks 100x better, I know I went for the common red in the end but definitely gives that extra something to the car, very pleased, juse would've been nice if it hadn't rained and I'd got it done on 1 day!

And a front one:

Steve Green

I have never got on with an Ezibleed that pressurises the master cylinder from a spare tyre.

I have however tried the vaccum version that sucks the brake fluid out of the bleed nipples.
Much easier when changing the fluid as you can be pretty certain you have sucked all the old fluid out, rather than diluting it.
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

nathanMR2

Looks great mate. Well done for battling on  s:) :) s:)
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

wotugonado

What a difference the discs and some paint make, very nice. What discs are they ?
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

onion86

They're Pagid grooved discs. Managed to get a good offer from CRN brakeson the full set: Pagid discs, Yellowstuff pads and HEL brake hoses for £255 delivered (probably around a £45 saving). Great service over the phone, ordered Thursday and delivered Monday (they had to wait on the hoses). They recently did a GB for the OC so were still letting the offer through I think.

onion86

So this weekend sees the addition of this little lot:

Managed to get the rears done this afternoon as I was at work this morning. Driver's side no problems, had to Dremel off the droplink from the passenger side of the ARB though.
Bye, bye Rusty ARB!

ARBs are all 1mm larger than the bushings from the GB, so enlarged the hole to fit:

*EDIT*
Sunday I did the fronts, other than difficulty removing a very awkward topmount was pretty trouble free.

As with the rear, ARBs are all 1mm larger than the bushings from the GB, so enlarged the hole to fit:

And ROCLinks in all their stainless glory:

Car looks much better now but very subtle, front's tomorrow.

*EDIT* Fully lowered:

Also my latest eBay bling purchase:

Also relocated my alarm whilst I was at it:

onion86

Fitted the Front Bumper today so my kit's almost finished (rear and side vents to go). Love it now!

And topless  s:D :D s:D

Also had the car jacked up to do the bumper so thought I'd fit my SP Brace:

dj2k21

Looks awesome mate. Some nice mods done there  s:) :) s:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

s12vea

Looks smart! The grey really suits the kit. What's Next..?
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

loadswine

Nice Stu!  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

StuC

Front bumper looks spot of fella  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

simers

Looks mint mate....
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

Tags: