How to reduce the dashboard creaking (With pictures)

Started by Mike G, June 24, 2014, 14:28

Mike G

A little " How To " I've developed to help reduce our creaky MR2 dash's... especially in cold weather until the cabin warms up
1 Get some 6mm bore 9mm wall black foam pipe insulation for micro bore A/C pipes etc (cost me £ 1.38 for 2 metres)

2 Cut about 1.2 metres and ease it out of sight between dash and windscreen ( it's hidden by dash on the inside and black band at the bottom of the screen on the outside )

3 finally with the spine of a suitably narrow hardback ( I used "Porsche The Legend" !!!) push it way down and what little is visible ( if any ) looks fine because it's black

Mods might want to move this to the relevant section if they think it might be of use... It's always worked for me so hope it helps others
Mike    s:) :) s:)
2004 Facelift in Crystal Silver (sub 30k)  with genuine bodykit,Precats out,Red Leather,Remus Dual Exhaust,Carbon Thresholds,vvti Badging on wings,TTE chrome fuel flap surround,Bridgestone Potenza REO40's ,Aerial override mode,RED Mohair roof, Bonnet and engine cover gas struts and a few other small internal tweaks :-)
And now... Mikes (my own) anti dash creak mod !

Tags: