ok thanks Both:-)
1999 MR-S with a few tweaks!
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

KRAMSNEHPETS

Got my Red booked in for 23rd July
2004 Red edition. 2ZZ engine with Rotrex 30 94 supercharger,90mm pulley. Link Storm ECU. Charge cooler. Custom Meggalian exhaust.Uprated fuel pump, regulator and rail.840 injectors.323 BHP at the hubs. Meistier coil overs. Matt under body brace. Front and rear, upper and lower braces,list goes on...

The Other Stu

Quote from: "KRAMSNEHPETS"Got my Red booked in for 23rd July
Is that a "Just booked in" or you've had it booked for ages? I saw August being quoted.
No Longer Here

darrenjuggins

Hi Guys,

Get Ready for another Red Roof / Silver Combo.

Booked in for June 22nd... I'm flexible on day of week, so seems I've managed to get a good slot only ringing a few weeks ago.

Having a few things done by Dick Sloan, to bring my lady back to how she looked when she was bought new... can't believe I've had her since 6 months after it was launched....

Hanging around on here for about 16 years now   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Regards

Darren J  s:) :) s:)
Darren A. Juggins

MR TWO

The ease of putting the top mohair down is like night and day.,but my old standard top was tired so perhaps that's part of it...
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

The Other Stu

I have Cookie Monster booked in for a blue roof in August. Apparently, he's on holiday for most of July.
No Longer Here

Thetroublemaker

Mine is booked in Friday 12 august  s:) :) s:)

The Other Stu

Quote from: "Thetroublemaker"Mine is booked in Friday 12 august  s:) :) s:)
Bah. earliest he said to me was 23rd   s:x :x s:x  

Actually, 12th wouldn't have been very popular. I'm on holiday with the Missus and no kids. It's Dong Day Saturday too!
No Longer Here

paulj

Just booked mine in for September, a date I chose and not because he is that far out!!  He said he has been doing "nothing but MR2s" recently, this thread points to that trend continuing.  Cant wait to meet him, sounds like a great bloke on the phone.
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

-cj-

This is definatly in the future mod list
04 Black, Toyota UK skirt kit, Banana Spoiler, Red Leather, Hard Top (for winter), Enkei RPF1\'s, MarkII pipe, Toms Filter, H&S eggsauce, Meister-R\'s -  Funding mods

Topdownman

I got my hood done in swansea yesterday (nb I think they are fabric rather than mohair).

It looks so much brighter than the old scruffy vinyl! Not put it down yet as waiting for it to stretch for a day or two.

It was all done by 1pm (probably would have been sooner if I had left them to it and not hung around talking!). Very nice people to deal with. They are in a lane behind 158 so if you drive up with 158 on your left, you turn left at the end of the road and left into the lane. You will see their name above a roller shutter.

A couple of things I learnt yesterday, the red hood is stiffer than the black as they have to use a different fabric to get the colour, your roof will never look better than this!

The fabric as fitted does not bead water so after a quick bit of googling this morning I will be ordering some fabsil waterproofer asap. This gets lots of good comments about performance and cost and will stop the hood absorbing crap so should make it last longer and look better. If I had done my research beforehand I would be proofing it this morning!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

mikek

Looks great. I've added it to my things to buy/do list!
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

keeper2611

I'm booked in at Jack Smiths on 11th October. The earliest date I could get would have been 28th Sept, but I couldn't get time off work. He said that if I had gone for the Sept date, he would have been doing an MR2 every day that week! From the examples I've seen at a couple of meets, he does a very good job and I'm really looking forward to getting mine done.
2002 Red pfl being slowly modified

Tomo70

Looks great Simon! Great bit of advice about fabsil. Hope to get this done next spring.
🚘Just a pass time to break the monotony

Ardent

Simon
Looking good.
Sits well on the sable

darrenjuggins

Hi All,

Had my Roof changed at Jack Smiths (aka Raymond) at Swansea.  Looks Great.  Due to it now being Mohair, it's stiffer than plastic roof and to avoid snapping the wire, I do now put the roof down from outside.  Pulling up works fine, again I just guide the drivers side wire in to avoid any issues with my hand through the window (probably being over cautious, but once you are aware of the potential issues, it nice to avoid them.

Finish is excellent and well, it's taken years off the age of the car - hopefully you should be able to see from the pictures below.

Price £290 FITTED and it take approximately 4 hours, but worth doing a two day trip and enjoying Swansea.

Enjoy the pictures - I gave her a little photo shoot after all the work on her recently.

Cheers
Darren

He will warn you to leave it up to stretch on the way home, as its tight, some people ignore him and have struggled once they get home, i listen to him and it works fine and is really tight and usable.

Darren A. Juggins

Blue al

Quote from: "The Other Stu"I have Cookie Monster booked in for a blue roof in August. Apparently, he's on holiday for most of July.

I'm looking forward to this

Dark blue I assume ?

The Other Stu

Yes  s:) :) s:)  Tomaky already has his done if you search the forum
No Longer Here

graham read

AM BOOKED in for November going for a black roof,red is not for everyone and not for me.Need to put some TLC in to the OLD girl,no not the wife the car of course,10 yr old and starting to look her age.Any suggestions were to stop over.

The Other Stu

OK, few bits and bobs here. Firstly, pics as promised a while back (forgot to post them here too)
The Blue roof has made me very happy.

A few things about how he does it. Firstly, he uses someone else window. As has been mentioned before, some of our windows have seen better days. He didn't charge me more, but wasn't happy because mine apparently didn't work (I've never used it - I only bought the car in June)

I have no idea what he's going to do with mine - he said something about putting it in an MX5 hood because they normally get plastic ones.

He re-uses your frame. So be careful - mine isn't perfectly straight (never has been) so it sags slightly on one side. I didn't realise this until afterwards and to be fair to him, neither did he until he'd tightened it all up. It also means if there are any other flaws on your roof (sticky catch, broken springs), those flaws will still be there. He fixed a part of the interior that holds the ears strap (mine was nearly broken).

It's also a different design internally. It actually suits me better because there is less lining than the original which means it doesn't sag and constantly scratch my head.

As for treating it, he said it won't need treating, particularly for waterproofing. Apparently the material he uses doesn't leak   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
I am still in 2 minds about this. However, what he did say was not to try and use one of the re-colouring solutions. Apparently someone did this, it looked terrible and ended up having to replace the roof again (despite him advising not to do this).

It's difficult to get any really useful info about the roof out of him - he's more interested in talking about immigration, Brexit and women over-using the NHS.
No Longer Here

Bernie

Had a Haartz Red mohair roof, imported from The States fitted today by Monsoon

m http://www.monsooncarhoods.co.uk m

Great fit and finish very pleased

Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

s12vea

Love it!

Works well with your red and black theme.
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Topdownman

That was quick Bernie!

Looks good, I am glad you are happy with it.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Bernie

Quote from: "Topdownman"That was quick Bernie!

Cheers Simon thanks for the "lowdown" helped me make my mind up !
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Topdownman

Quote from: "bernie11a"
Quote from: "Topdownman"That was quick Bernie!

Cheers Simon thanks for the "lowdown" helped me make my mind up !

I think you made the right decision for the car.
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Tags: