My Sable 2005 MR2 - shnazzle

Started by shnazzle, August 27, 2015, 15:20

shnazzle

New spoiler arrived. Very quickly I must say from Poland. JDL Performance ducktail.
Can't wait to get it sprayed and fitted.
...neutiquam erro.

Chilli Girl

Hi Patrick, what's the difference to that one opposed to Foxy's oem ducktail, is it more angled up?  Just curious, that's all.  s:D :D s:D
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

s12vea

Think the above is angled up more
Another one won't hurt  .....

Chilli Girl

Quote from: "s12vea"Think the above is angled up more

Thought it may've been Steve, thanks.
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

jvanzyl

Be interested to know what the spraying costs come out to...

shnazzle

Was 80 for the banana including fixing it up
...neutiquam erro.

s12vea

I paid the same for my ducktail to be fitted also, Really must get my banana fitted over the winter
Another one won't hurt  .....

shnazzle

Got my new OBDLink LX Bluetooth adapter. Miles better than the cheap Chinese copy Elm327 one I had. Definitely reads quicker by miles and more importantly, connects first time and never loses connection.

Had my usual dashboard running showing all the fuel trims etc and noticed something funny today.
It was adding 25% fuel on the long term fuel trims and reducing fueling by almost as much in the short term trims.
I wonder why it has been running really lean. So much so that it maxed out the LTFT. And even funnier that today it decided to change its mind.

.. Then I realised one thing. I had to turn on my open loop mod this morning.
I had switched off my open loop trickery using my funky light-up button. Must have done it reaching blindly for the seat heating controls.

This tells me two things; open loop trickery is magic and and sadly that also means my map is hitting far too many closed loop areas.

Time to open her up again...
...neutiquam erro.

shnazzle

Fixed the map. Last time's tinkering wasn't good.

One thing I want to do is move from the front airflow adjustment dials to using the airflow map for a more precise control. The front dials are across the board. Great for changes in intake/maf setup to bring the MAF back into alignment but not so good for fueling as its not precise enough.
Will take some work.

On another note;
JDL spoiler fitted  s:) :) s:)
Very pleased indeed
...neutiquam erro.

Gatouzze

I love your spoiler!
Where did you bought it?

shnazzle

Thanks!
It's a JDL Tuning spoiler from madmotors.

m https://www.madmotors.co.uk/spoilers/to ... oiler.html m
...neutiquam erro.

manos3003

There's also this, if it's allowed:  m http://exelcompsite.com/index.php/categ ... ot-spoiler m
I can't recall a day when I drove my MR2 and it didn't put a smile on my face
<strike>2000 Spectra Blue Mica - 2ZZ-GE gone, but not forgotten</strike>
2002 Spectra Blue Mica K20A2 coming up

shnazzle

Damn... Could have saved 25 quid!
...neutiquam erro.

manos3003

Quote from: "shnazzle"Damn... Could have saved 25 quid!

And a lot more by painting it yourself   s:P :P s:P

shnazzle

Quote from: "manos3003"
Quote from: "shnazzle"Damn... Could have saved 25 quid!

And a lot more by painting it yourself   s:P :P s:P
Not a chance in hell I could have gotten the finish I have now. It was sanded down, basically to remove all the gel coat, filled where necessary to make it smooth, one layer of filler primer and then paint+lacquer.

Only problem is it looks miles better than my car hahaha
...neutiquam erro.

manos3003

Quote from: "shnazzle"Not a chance in hell I could have gotten the finish I have now. It was sanded down, basically to remove all the gel coat, filled where necessary to make it smooth, one layer of filler primer and then paint+lacquer.

Only problem is it looks miles better than my car hahaha

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

You need to learn how to spray paint dude

shnazzle

... And weld... And map....and fabricate...
Oh and I'd need a welder, and a dyno, and a lathe/cnc machine/drill press/etc etc etc etc

Sometimes it's just better to leave it to the pros  s:) :) s:)
...neutiquam erro.

manos3003

Quote from: "shnazzle"... And weld... And map....and fabricate...
Oh and I'd need a welder, and a dyno, and a lathe/cnc machine/drill press/etc etc etc etc

Sometimes it's just better to leave it to the pros  s:) :) s:)

Map and weld I can teach you   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Welders are cheap on fleabay and you don't need a dyno  s:P :P s:P

You're welcome  s:D :D s:D

shnazzle

Put the Tim Morton clock mod in.
I really like it.
https://youtu.be/KdQ7hkL83qQ

Unfortunately, I had to snap an HVAC knob pin that mistakenly got glued to the knob :(

Replacement on the way from Mr Sloan
...neutiquam erro.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: shnazzle on February 24, 2018, 18:58
Put the Tim Morton clock mod in.
I really like it.
https://youtu.be/KdQ7hkL83qQ

Unfortunately, I had to snap an HVAC knob pin that mistakenly got glued to the knob :(

Replacement on the way from Mr Sloan

Funny that, I got as far as taking the standard one out and scratching my head then putting it all back together earlier myself [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

shnazzle

@Call the midlife!
I know what you mean. It was definitely more fiddly than I thought it would be.
Definitely requires a soldering iron,hot glue gun and some foam (black) or an elaborate plastic frame.

The wires all need shortening to fit in, hence the soldering. Not helped by wires coming off the circuit board due to be manhandled.

The buttons for the clock are set a tiny bit wider than the stock ones but the original pins so press them sufficiently when you remove the rubber inserts.

The hot glue to stick the buttons to the bottom of the frame.

If you send me your stuff I can do it for you if you want and write up a how to
...neutiquam erro.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: shnazzle on February 26, 2018, 15:04
@Call the midlife!
Definitely requires a soldering iron,hot glue gun and some foam (black) or an elaborate plastic frame.

The wires all need shortening to fit in, hence the soldering. Not helped by wires coming off the circuit board due to be manhandled.

The buttons for the clock are set a tiny bit wider than the stock ones but the original pins so press them sufficiently when you remove the rubber inserts.

Cheers for that! I'm not entirely sure I got the same model as you so I'll soldier (solder) on! I actually tentatively fitted it yesterday, lengthened the temperature probe etc but then realised I need to take it all out again to do the soldering. I'm tempted to get my neighbour (sparky) to do it for me as I'm next to useless at it!
Watch this space![emoji23]

shnazzle

Quote from: Call the midlife! on February 26, 2018, 15:09
@Call the midlife!

Cheers for that! I'm not entirely sure I got the same model as you so I'll soldier (solder) on! I actually tentatively fitted it yesterday, lengthened the temperature probe etc but then realised I need to take it all out again to do the soldering. I'm tempted to get my neighbour (sparky) to do it for me as I'm next to useless at it!

I haven't lengthened my probe (*snigger*) as I was torn on whether i wanted to know the internal or external temperature. The external is a bit pointless when I'm inside...that was my logic anyway.
Besides,I see the external when I first get in :)

If you have a sparky next door I guarantee his soldering will be better than mine haha
...neutiquam erro.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: shnazzle on February 26, 2018, 15:19
Quote from: Call the midlife! on February 26, 2018, 15:09
@Call the midlife!

I haven't lengthened my probe (*snigger*) as I was torn on whether i wanted to know the internal or external temperature. The external is a bit pointless when I'm inside...that was my logic anyway.
Besides,I see the external when I first get in :)

If you have a sparky next door I guarantee his soldering will be better than mine haha
To be honest I'm tempted to put it down to experience, bin it and stick with the standard clock!
I don't go out in it if it's freezing anyway and I know if it's hot outside, because it's hot!
But there's a part of me that wants to see it through and get it working, I've got a couple of decent temp probes in my lab so I'm curious to check the accuracy of this one. Or if it even works now I've done the cut and shut, runs ok off a 9v battery.

shnazzle

I had some concerns about my voltage so having that visible was helpful.
In the end it wasn't actually too much effort. If I had done it in one sitting it would have taken me 30 mins tops but I spent some time figuring it out.

I like it anyway. Also like that the temp is in 0.00 :)
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: