The Green One - TTE Turbo (Pics Updated)

Started by s12vea, September 27, 2015, 20:26

s12vea

As some of you maybe aware I've had my fair share of roadsters of the years.....

l viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41408&p=487898# l

That brings me to Greeny, purchased as a low mileage 1 owner car in a rare colour (Forest green) I began trying to build my perfect roadster. Using a number of rare parts I had acquired over the years and number of rare / factory optional extras I've found a long the way.

This was taken outside the bodyshop when I was dropping the car off only a few days into ownership for the painting a fitment of the factory rare Toyota GB spats and skirts. This was after only a week of ownership. A few days passed by and the car was ready for collection

Paint match was excellent and the fitment was perfect! I also fitted my modified yellow JDM nose badge. That evening I replaced the standard wheels with black SP17's and loaded my tein springs into the car ready for my local garage to install the following day while I was at work.

Pre lowering outside the garage

With the tein springs fitted I was over the moon as the car looked and handled exactly how I wanted. At this stage I was more than happy and enjoyed driving her and attended a few local car meets / shows.
The V5 came back allowing me to put my plate on the car which I've always enjoyed
(I've had plenty of practice by now)
I didn't intend doing anything else to the car at this stage.

For the first time my mr2 was my second car and garaged when not in use, which allowed my to still enjoy owning and driving various other cars. None to date have been able to offer the same enjoyment as my roadster. A few months passed and I began looking for a TTE exhaust to finish off the rear of the car. I stumbled across a Remus which has the round tailpipes instead of the oval for a bargain price so I snapped it up!

Ding day 2014 was my second mr2 ROC outing (very bad I know) we traveled from Essex over to Wales for this special ROC EVENT. It was great to put a few faces to names. It was a great weekend only dampened by the poor weather. It was great to see a large gathering of roadsters together in one place and nice to see a couple of my old roadsters again.
Everyone is biased when it comes to there own car but I was truly shocked when greeny won "people's choice"   s8) 8) s8)    s:D :D s:D  

StuC even gave me an award   s8) 8) s8)    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

A proud moment for me, this gave me more enthusiasm and further modding began! First on the list was replacing the softop. For low mileage car the roof was terrible! Perished and brittle. I started contacting local companies and getting quotes. I was   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  with joy when I found out I could get a matching dark green mohair softop imported from the states. Delivery was 7-10 days which seemed to take for ever! To say I was over the moon was an understatement

A TTE style bar was too tempting not to purchase so one was purchased from the forum also.

Then the quest for more power began........

I purchased another roadster with the SUPER rare TTE Turbo kit fitted with the plan to swap the kit over to mine. After a few telephone conversations with Matt Performance the arrangements were made to take both cars to him for the swap to take place. Both cars were driven to Brimingham for the work to take place and within 48 hours both car were back on my drive with the turbo and uprated clutch now working perfectly in Greeny.

Five months of trouble free ownership over the winter months while being used as my daily driver takes me to March 2015. This marks one year ownership and also the longest ownership of any MR2 for me  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  this really was commitment!

I had a few final parts left to fit which I've only just got round to installing. I'd purchased a JDM front number plate holder to hold my smaller front plate / Zunsport grills (front and rear) and Toyota GB ducktail spoiler. I've also changed my yellow JDM badge for a more subtle black one.

This brings me to the present day. I've enjoyed owning and modifying my roadster and being part of the MR2 ROC and I'm hoping to have many more enjoyable years of ownership.

Thanks for looking.
Another one won't hurt  .....

shnazzle

I do believe this is my favourite mr2 in the country. Said it before, worth saying again.
This and Bernie's.
...neutiquam erro.

StuC

Still looking cracking fella.  s:-D :-D s:-D  
I have yet to see the green hood in person, so looking forward to that.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

s12vea

Thanks guys, I really need to attend more roadster gatherings. I'm already looking forward to Ding day 2016

andyroo104

Gorgeous car. :-) :-) :-)
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

ayresyboy

Very very nice
SW20 Gen4 Turbo // SW20 1MZ V6

Ardent

JDM front number plate holder
is this one of your rare parts or are they readily available?
do like the clean simples no fuss look

Anonymous

Love it Steve, maybe a keeper?!

s12vea

Quote from: "Ardent"JDM front number plate holder
is this one of your rare parts or are they readily available?
do like the clean simples no fuss look

I purchased the only one I've seen for sale secondhand so possibly.

s12vea

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Love it Steve, maybe a keeper?!

It's a keeper!  s:) :) s:)

Bernie

The green machines a real beauty just stunning
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

tomaky

Looking good buddy. Need to figure out if i will ever get mine back up to scratch or if it will look tatty and go weeeeeeeelllllyyyy fast around track ha. Its one of them all or nothing decisions that costs a pretty penny.
Westfield Seiw
2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Jrichards20

Quote from: "tomaky"Looking good buddy. Need to figure out if i will ever get mine back up to scratch or if it will look tatty and go weeeeeeeelllllyyyy fast around track ha. Its one of them all or nothing decisions that costs a pretty penny.

I know exactly what your going through! Im in the same boat, do I want an utter machine to drive, or hold back on some performance to make a nicer looking 2!
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

tomaky

Minimum i need is £350 paint work on 1 side and a door replacement on the other. Thats leave od scrapes and dints.
Then thre would be a couple of alloys to be refurbed. Or i might get them all dont the same colour as the engine.
Westfield Seiw
2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

SuperArt

I say you've succeeded in building the perfect roadster. I'm loving the GB OEM scheme (no random TRD business amongst the GB parts here!) There probably isn't a finer example of a stock - but fully optioned - third gen UK car in the country than greeny here.
I salute you!

EDIT: Not a fan of the replacement roof though it does look nice   s:? :? s:?  
I like the idea of preserving original body parts/panels/panes on cars.
Best regards,
Arthur
Essex - "Always happy to meet up for a weekend drive"
Making demented squirrel noises since 2014
TTE "Turbo Dodo" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?msg=797148
TTE Turbo "Friday" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=73711.0

Jrichards20

Quote from: "SuperArt"I say you've succeeded in building the perfect roadster. I'm loving the GB OEM scheme (no random TRD business amongst the GB parts here!) There probably isn't a finer example of a stock - but fully optioned - third gen UK car in the country than greeny here.
I salute you!

Not quite sure its stock and fully gb optioned...

It's got JDM badges. JDM number plates holders. Zunsport grills front and rear. SP12 wheels etc. so not stock but I agree one of the best roadsters out there  s:) :) s:)
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Anonymous

Quote from: "SuperArt"I say you've succeeded in building the perfect roadster. I'm loving the GB OEM scheme (no random TRD business amongst the GB parts here!) There probably isn't a finer example of a stock - but fully optioned - third gen UK car in the country than greeny here.
I salute you!

Practice makes perfect  s:D :D s:D   s:D :D s:D

s12vea

Hahaha

s12vea

Quick photo from a local piston heads meet this morning

s12vea

Toyota GB Ducktail

Really must do something about those rusty discs !?!?!

StuC

Looking rather tasty fella.

I am not normally a fan of style bars, that really suits yours though.
You just need some keyhole covers and you are set!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

s12vea

Thanks stu, Key covers are on the list

StuC

Need to be on greeny mate, not on the list!  s;-) ;-) s;-)

s12vea

Very true Matey

MrStev3

Sod it , I've said it on facebook and Instagram and will say it again, this is by far the best mr2 I've ever seen all round.

Now I shall balance that compliment with some negativety - I hate coffee
Mitsuko the mr2
federal rsr, lenso spec c wheels, ebc turbo grooved discs, ebc yellow stuff pads, tein springs, omp trs seat, Trs harness, rogue seat frames, k&n filter, stripped out interior, toyo sports manifold, Hardtop, rouge hardtop fitting kit, ultra racing front strut brace, Ultra racing lower rear brace, matts brace , kyb shocks, cobra quad exhaust,P&p cage

Tags: