Under body braces - where to get?

Started by 8thumpers, March 5, 2017, 09:28

8thumpers

I have a pfl and wondered where we can get an under body brace from?

Stick a V8 in it...

Carolyn

If you just want a standard FL brace, Rutland MR 2 about £40 and it will need a brush-up and paint job.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

cabbydave

If you want a matt full brace give me a shout nice got a spare new onr

SteveMK3

Quote from: "cabbydave"If you want a matt full brace give me a shout nice got a spare new onr

Hi Dave, if your matt brace is new and '8thumpers' doesn't want it I'd really appreciate next dibs please if possible? I've been looking for one of these for a while?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Cheers, Steve.

SteveMK3

Hi Dave any thoughts on whether your brace might be available? Will drop you a PM too. Cheers, Steve.

8thumpers

Quote from: "SteveMK3"Hi Dave any thoughts on whether your brace might be available? Will drop you a PM too. Cheers, Steve.
It's mine!! Lol
Just trying to tie up a day to collect it!

Stick a V8 in it...

SteveMK3

Quote from: "8thumpers"
Quote from: "SteveMK3"Hi Dave any thoughts on whether your brace might be available? Will drop you a PM too. Cheers, Steve.
It's mine!! Lol
Just trying to tie up a day to collect it!

Stick a V8 in it...

No problem sorry just thought it might be available as you hadn't posted a reply  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

8thumpers

I never got it.... Dave disappeared Into to the ether!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shnazzle

He has indeed packed in his mr2 life by about 90%. I wouldn't expect a response to be honest.
...neutiquam erro.

8thumpers

I thought so.. cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8thumpers

Have a look at Megillian Motorsport. They do a nice under body brace for  £110 delivered.
Facebook them [emoji4]

keljon

money well spent, they do a rear brace as well £200 for the pair
mr2 2zz with T-Sport gearbox and 8200rpm Celica ECU, DIY lightweight exhaust, K&N Typhoon induction, MiesterR coilovers, Rear Strut Brace, Underbody brace, EBC Yellow stuff and braided hoses all round, Rota slipstream 16x7 6kg a corner, Lightweight optima battery, spare wheel, tools, radio & aerial removal. Wifi ODB2 reader with dash command app for iPhone

BahnStormer

Quote from: Essex2Visuvesi on January 20, 2018, 13:16
Is this like a group Buy?

Nope - as CTM said - these are just the standard forum-friendly prices. I think there was a slight discount, but we'd need 10 people to get that.

Personally, I'll get all 5 of these at some point, but need to stump up for MeisterR's first as that's where the "excess flex" is (my 60k mile OEM suspension)...
Upper Front strut-brace £100
Upper rear strut-brace £115
Lower Front brace £110
Lower Midbrace £115
Lower Rear brace £110

All 5 can be done for £480
Or 3 lower for £300

CTM - did you get these in the end? How quick/easy is the install? Couple of axle stands or do you need a proper hoist / garage of sorts?

There's so much of this stuff that I'd LOVE to do, but after our house extension my garage is gone and the remaining driveway is tiny and more importantly, it's deep gravel, so anything that requires jacking the car up is very risky and likely to need to go to the pro's (or be done at somebody else's house).
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Essex2Visuvesi

Is this like a group Buy?

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "Essex2Visuvesi"Is this like a group Buy?
Forum friendly prices I think. I've got the beginnings of an order in already for my insurance renewal in March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

Tags: