Dans Silver UFO

Started by Mrcypher, April 2, 2017, 17:59

Mrcypher

Time to put up some pics then of the UFO

Most will have seen it already but i shall start the thread and see where it leads

Ive already had the air filter off and cleaned up it was safe to say it was overdue  s:) :) s:)  and a tidy round the engine bay and frunk whilst i was at it.

Started to give it a clean around in the areas that arnt on show

Ok and this is what i was driving think this photo was the last show it went to..

shnazzle

Welcome Dan.
Keep her well!
Looking forward to the continuing of Jack's legacy

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
...neutiquam erro.

StuC

Welcome along  s:-D :-D s:-D
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

s12vea

Welcome Dan
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Mrcypher

Quote from: "shnazzle"Welcome Dan.
Keep her well!
Looking forward to the continuing of Jack's legacy

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I shall try  s:) :) s:)

Been doing the other halfs head in so far this week of what i need and want for it haha

StuC

Is it a BIG list?  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Essex2Visuvesi

Quote from: "StuC"Is it a BIG list?  s;-) ;-) s;-)

If its like mine, it started off with a few things. Then I got to thinking while I'm doing X I may as well replace/refurb Y as well and then it snowballed from there

StuC

Yeah, that happens A LOT on here!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Mrcypher

Like most car projects then, only doing couple bits escalates quick! Couple bits to sort before any fun stuff begins i reckon.

Mrcypher

Had some new tyres fitted - just gone for the toyo t1rs
(225 40 16) they will do for now till i decide wheel options.

Anyway whilst i was there we decided to fit the intake i used to use on swift as the one on the car was way to small

Thats better haha

Mrcypher

A few goodies for the rear.. guess whats being took apart soon :/

Mrcypher

Made a start on the rear this afternoon

Subframe off not to great

Arms off aswell and bushes out and exhaust removed

Mrcypher

Oh and if anyone has ever wondered what a mr2 sounded like straight through off the mani well..

m https://youtu.be/RNd3V_tIFC4 m

Safe to say its loud, i hardly touched the throttle aswell as it wasnt warmed up..you get the idea.

mikek

Sub frame looks like mine!
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

Mrcypher

More progress today

Subframe back on and most of arms, got delayed do to slight balls up of taking the wrong bush out but luckily rowly ( crazysteve?)  had a spare hub

Also this little project

Big thanks to carl at raven blast cleaning for helping do this.

Mrcypher

Got the car back today!

Subframe repaired and powdercoated red

Rear arms and ARB blasted and powdercoated red and black

Polybushes fitted on all arms and arb

Rear mesh grill - need to finish the upper one.

Custom made decat exhaust ( oh my it sounds incredible btw ) comes out upper centre of mesh in middle of bumper just for that little bit different look.

Booked in for full tracking at noble on chesterfield this week

All work was carried out at raven blast cleaning and i just got in the way here n there

Enjoy some pics  s:) :) s:)

delhusband

Hi, belated welcome, UF0 looks fantastic, and thanks for advice this weekend   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  All that work looks pretty much what my top priorities should probably be right now, and I'd like to have it done by people who're familiar with the car/whats involved/done it before. Mind me asking roughly what kind of costs were involved? (pm me if you don't want to post (or tell me to mind my own business!))
Hate pointy animals

Mrcypher

Costs are a funny one as i had a friend do the welding/shot blasting etc on the subframe and arms so im not sure if that would be the normal rate.

Same guy welded exhaust together aswell i just sourced the parts which was around £200 but i bought a little to much and came up with the idea of it going the non traditional route

So i know thats a bit vague but the price i paid may vary as it is his business if that makes sense and im not sure of the rates for labour etc and timescale we did it all over a 4 day weekend.

Polybushes are a pretty standard price where ever you go
I think they roughly came to £180 for the rear end and whilst everything was off i thought it may aswell be done, Not having to worry about it again then, i just need to do the fronts done eventually amongst everything else i want to do....

Mrcypher

Never put a picture with black grill
Just needs crash bar spraying black behind it
Also doing some black mesh for the vent on the bonnet

[/URL]

krazysteve

Best thing to do is Contact Carl at Raven  Blasting, hes on FB.
Don't know if i'm allowed to put a link up.
RACING, because football, cricket, rugby and golf only need ONE BALL

shnazzle

Where's the black grill? Forgot to put it on for the pic?  s:) :) s:)
...neutiquam erro.

delhusband

Quote from: "krazysteve"Best thing to do is Contact Carl at Raven  Blasting, hes on FB.
Thanks for this   s:) :) s:)
Hate pointy animals

Mrcypher

Quote from: "shnazzle"Where's the black grill? Forgot to put it on for the pic?  s:) :) s:)

s:D :D s:D  haha

Ill zoom in more next time, just wanted a clean car photo really

Mrcypher

Quote from: "delhusband"
Quote from: "krazysteve"Best thing to do is Contact Carl at Raven  Blasting, hes on FB.

Yea do this , dunno how i forgot to mention who did it i was only there yesterday   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ...oops, cheers rowly   s:D :D s:D

krazysteve

Quote from: "Mrcypher"
Quote from: "delhusband"

Yea do this , dunno how i forgot to mention who did it i was only there yesterday   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ...oops, cheers rowly   s:D :D s:D
Yep Dan your a Bellend lol.
RACING, because football, cricket, rugby and golf only need ONE BALL

Tags: