Interior Light

Started by Brizee67, April 16, 2017, 16:53

Brizee67

Any idea where I can get a replacement clear plastic for the interior light as the smoked glass plastic isn't very practical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wotugonado

ROC club shop if they have stock.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

brettfield999

Quote from: "Brizee67"Any idea where I can get a replacement clear plastic for the interior light as the smoked glass plastic isn't very practical

The smoked glass is awful.  I changed mine to a LED and a clear lens cover from Mitsubishi.  If the ROC shop don't have any the part no is: MB399754)
[strike]2000 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster with 187K, engine blown[/strike]<br />[strike]2000 Blue MRS, 80K[/strike]<br />[strike]2001 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster 131K, 2ZZ,[/strike]<br />[strike]2003 Silver FL MR2 Roadster with 81K now daily driver, 2ZZ by Headcase[/strike]

Brizee67

Thanks for the information [emoji1360]

peteshaz

Quote from: Brizee67Any idea where I can get a replacement clear plastic for the interior light as the smoked glass plastic isn't very practical

Hi. If you haven't found one yet they are available of eBay. Search "Clear interior Light Dome Cover Replaces Dark Type for Toyota MR2 Mk3 ZZ2000-07"
Company called "spring-loaded-suspension.
Pete

Enjay

Yup, I got one off fleabay.  Perfect fit and with an LED bulb replacement, things are much, much brighter.  

I mean, I get that the smoked plastic is a bit more stylish but whose "bright" idea was it to cover a fairly dim internal light fitting with an almost black filter?   s:? :? s:?

edit: this is the cover that I bought:
 m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clear-Interio ... 2749.l2649 m

and if you want to replace the bulb with an LED, its a 31mm Festoon type.  Lots of places sell them including a number of Amazon traders.

kwnelson

Cheapo conversion!    Fitted LED replacement,   took smoked glass off,  drilled 2 holes 18mm dia with core bit,    fixed 2 clear lenses with superglue [lenses  ex u/s CH DLR's],    shazam!       Bright interior light.
Silver FL 2004 bog standard with TTE,.   H/T On    S/T Perfect

kwnelson

Cheapo conversion!    Fitted LED replacement,   took smoked glass off,  drilled 2 holes 18mm dia with core bit,    fixed 2 clear lenses with superglue [lenses  ex u/s CH DLR's],    shazam!       Bright interior light.

kwnelson

I sometimes stutter as well.

Tags: