Drilling bulkhead behind passenger seat?

Started by gary1340, August 30, 2017, 11:14

gary1340

Hi folks,

I have fitted an amp behind the passenger seat. I really need to drill and screw the amp to the bulkhead.
Is it safe to drill in this area?

m1tch

Quote from: "gary1340"Hi folks,

I have fitted an amp behind the passenger seat. I really need to drill and screw the amp to the bulkhead.
Is it safe to drill in this area?

Could you not simply attach it to one of the rear bin lids so that its easier to access if you need to?

gary1340

Unfortunately not. The wiring is all in and the cabling is too short to move the amp from floor level to the bin lid.

gazza1286

Will it not fit within the trays. Mine is screwed to a plinth to raise it so the the strapping fits.

See:-

l viewtopic.php?f=31&t=55709&hilit=Amp l

shnazzle

Top tip; notice that flat clip holding the carpet to the bulk head? Pull it out  s:) :) s:)  Voila, sturdy pre-drilled hole
...neutiquam erro.

MR TWO

Much of this bulkhead is removed to shoehorn a V6 into the space when the conversions are done.  With a little prudence. I doubt a couple of drill holes for an amp will cause any problems.
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

SteveJ

Quote from: "MR TWO"Much of this bulkhead is removed to shoehorn a V6 into the space when the conversions are done.  With a little prudence. I doubt a couple of drill holes for an amp will cause any problems.

He's talking about the bulkhead behind the seats, not the firewall at the back of the bins  s;) ;) s;)

If you do drill into there be careful as the fuel tank is in that area.

MR TWO

Quote from: "SteveJ"
Quote from: "MR TWO"Much of this bulkhead is removed to shoehorn a V6 into the space when the conversions are done.  With a little prudence. I doubt a couple of drill holes for an amp will cause any problems.

He's talking about the bulkhead behind the seats, not the firewall at the back of the bins  s;) ;) s;)

If you do drill into there be careful as the fuel tank is in that area.

Ah the metal that forms a right angle with the car floor behind the seats?  I used industrial strength velcro to hold a focal powered sub in that very place.  Its been there for two years without problem!

Sorry for any confusion, caused by my confusion!!! LOL.
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

Tags: