Blue two 2 zzing

Started by Ulphie, September 7, 2017, 18:57

Ulphie

So I have enjoyed the summer with the top down and my first 8 months of owning a 2 has been a blast. Met some good people and got some great ideas. So I am going down the 2ZZ route. Initially was going to have a go but not sure my spanning sills are up to it. So have been speaking to Patrick (aka Headacse) who has been very very patient. Unfortunately my grand plans of Se7en cams and Rotrex were to big for my wallet.But the Corolla has been bought and we are good to go. Sooooo looking forward to it. unfortunately no major techy stuff but will update as much as I can.  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
Bluetwo 2ZZ  TTE exhaust sport cat 6 speed box Àpexi air induction rear spoiler mr2 scuff plates lowered springs charcoal anthracite alloys Goodrich\'s braided brake lines matts brace

Chilli Girl

Glad you've enjoyed your time with your 2.  Look forward to reading all your work and don't forget the pics!
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

madman

What is cost of 2zz conversion

Ulphie

Well so far I we have the corolla t sport 80k for 1475 delivered and the clutch gearbox stuff sports cat and all other bits brings it up to just over 2k I am still in development thoughts a little but we'll see. Plus of course Patrick's labour any must have suggestions would be appreciated. Thinking about poly bushing engine mounts so again would be interested in your thoughts. Sticking with the the exhaust.
Bluetwo 2ZZ  TTE exhaust sport cat 6 speed box Àpexi air induction rear spoiler mr2 scuff plates lowered springs charcoal anthracite alloys Goodrich\'s braided brake lines matts brace

m1tch

Also worth checking out your rear subframe whilst you are in there and get that replaced if it needs it.

JoeCool

I'd avoid poly engine mounts! I have them! Wearing on long journeys!
2ZZ '02 Roadster

Ulphie

Thanks for the Advice on the Polys Joe definately noted. I hope you make the right decision and keep yours it looks the real deal and certainly your build has inspired me to get mine done. I am in two minds regarding the Header. Patrick is looking to refub the Corolla one hopefully the flow will be good if not  Imay think about an aftermarket one.
The subframe definately needs some work. Grinders and welders at the ready

manos3003

Quote from: "JoeCool"I'd avoid poly engine mounts! I have them! Wearing on long journeys!

Don't forget the annoying resonance at idle speeds. Went back to standard and repaired my cut one with some windscreen resin
I can't recall a day when I drove my MR2 and it didn't put a smile on my face
<strike>2000 Spectra Blue Mica - 2ZZ-GE gone, but not forgotten</strike>
2002 Spectra Blue Mica K20A2 coming up

Ulphie

Morning all it has been pointed out that using the TTE exhaust may strangle the 2zz Patrick is refurbing the corolla manifold and using a sports cat. I have seen a few treads on here about custom made. Will this make a significant difference is this the way to go any suggestions as to manufacturers?

manos3003

Quote from: "Ulphie"Morning all it has been pointed out that using the TTE exhaust may strangle the 2zz Patrick is refurbing the corolla manifold and using a sports cat. I have seen a few treads on here about custom made. Will this make a significant difference is this the way to go any suggestions as to manufacturers?

Ask Steve Norris from Megillian Motorsport on here, he did mine.

KRAMSNEHPETS

You buy corolla from headcase, Patrick?
2004 Red edition. 2ZZ engine with Rotrex 30 94 supercharger,90mm pulley. Link Storm ECU. Charge cooler. Custom Meggalian exhaust.Uprated fuel pump, regulator and rail.840 injectors.323 BHP at the hubs. Meistier coil overs. Matt under body brace. Front and rear, upper and lower braces,list goes on...

shnazzle

Patrick is headcase  s:) :) s:)
...neutiquam erro.

KRAMSNEHPETS

my error, I know he is Patrick! Did all the work on my car
2004 Red edition. 2ZZ engine with Rotrex 30 94 supercharger,90mm pulley. Link Storm ECU. Charge cooler. Custom Meggalian exhaust.Uprated fuel pump, regulator and rail.840 injectors.323 BHP at the hubs. Meistier coil overs. Matt under body brace. Front and rear, upper and lower braces,list goes on...

shnazzle

How many Patrick's are there here?  s:) :) s:)  I only know of me and headcase
...neutiquam erro.

Ulphie

Yep certainly did Mark your Rogers build looked fantastic but just couldn't make the maths work even with a bit of invention

Ulphie

Don't you hate spell check Rogers read rotrex dohh

KRAMSNEHPETS

That corolla was going to be my loan car for next week!!!!!!!!!!

Ulphie

I am in no hurry fella just don't rag it too much LOL

KRAMSNEHPETS

Not got it now its sold, might have to be the train! Driven it before. goes ok!

manos3003

Please keep us updated  s:D :D s:D

BTW, if you were up for some spannering, you could do it on your own if you have a garage and some basic tools. It's fun and you will learn a whole lot about your car's history as you go along, I've found some very interesting stuff about my car so far.

I've just finished my blue; only fluids and driveshafts remain to go on, then it's MOT time  s:D :D s:D

headcase

Quote from: "KRAMSNEHPETS"Not got it now its sold, might have to be the train! Driven it before. goes ok!
not this one you didn't  lol the loaner was brought by another mr2 owner for another conversion

KRAMSNEHPETS

More than one! You ordered my poly bush kit ?

Ulphie

When were you planning to go down Mark I wouldn't mind meeting Patrick and I could give you a lift back interested to hear about your build

KRAMSNEHPETS

First thing this thursday

headcase

Quote from: "KRAMSNEHPETS"More than one! You ordered my poly bush kit ?
yes

Tags: