Spam in my PM inbox

Started by Carolyn, November 10, 2017, 06:30

Carolyn

This is a first for me.  They have my username and then ask for it again... anyone else received this?

Here's the message (it was repeat-posted):

Hi Carolyn,
Thank you for your time. I am Ella from a big company. We specialize in high quality OBD2/EOBD Scanners that allow users to diagnose their automobiles easily. I am reaching out to you on the possibility of getting an editorial review for our featured Auto Code Scanner on this forum.
There are different price points for the special function of the car scanner. The company uses high-quality materials to make them very beautiful, environmentally friendly, durable and accurate. There is always a product to impress your deeply.
If you are interested in reviewing our latest Auto Code Scanners, please let me know and I will send out a free product for you to review. Besides, I will give you more detailed information about these product and company. Please email me at xiangguoxiangqing [at] gmail [dot] com. Please provide links to the forum home page, and tell me your name on that forum.
Thank you so much for reading. I really appreciate your great assistance for us.
Regards,
Ella
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Garfy

Yup, I got it as well
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors
ECU and electronic boost control
2.5" sports exhaust with twin tail pipes

Essex2Visuvesi

Quote from: "Garfy"Yup, I got it as well
I feel left out.... I didnt

Garfy

Very discerning spamming, they are getting clever  :-) :-) :-)
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors
ECU and electronic boost control
2.5" sports exhaust with twin tail pipes

loadswine

I have banned that user and will report to admin for blocking.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

ayresyboy

Yeah I got it too

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
SW20 Gen4 Turbo // SW20 1MZ V6

shnazzle

Apologies for this people. Slipped through the net!

The user has been banned by multiple means.
...neutiquam erro.

stewart@boro

I prefer "exterminated"
TF 160 TTE exhaust and style bar and other shiny bits.
Replaced by an Abarth 124 Spider

Ardent

I got it.
And had been dealt with by time I had reported it.

Call the midlife!

I got it too, I was just waiting till a civilised hour to mention it [emoji23]
I've given them all my details, including the bank details I gave the Nigerian Prince...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

Carolyn

I wish I was in possession of a very nasty little virus.....
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Chilli Girl

Me too, I got it too!
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

shnazzle

Please don't open any of the links

Filthy spamming sewer rats
...neutiquam erro.

shnazzle

On the back of this, I've set a maximum limit of 5 users that can be pm'd at any one time.

Keep that in mind if you need to send to more people.
If you need to send a pm to more than 5 people (probably a rare occasion), it might be worth considering whether PM is the correct medium.
...neutiquam erro.

OldRedCelica

I'm special, I also got it.
Owned a few Toyotas, still own a few. Known around the interweb as Old Red Celica. Heinz our TF300 is named that because he\'s number 057.  MR2 is technically Mrs Old Red\'s, but she does FB, I do forums.

jvanzyl

Thanks for sorting this out Patrick.
I did think I'd hit the big time briefly with people wanting me to try out their products...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

shnazzle

Thanks to Nigel and Steve for spotting it long before I did  s:) :) s:)
...neutiquam erro.

jonbill

Can someone forward it to me? I don't want to be left out.

MR TWO

Quote from: "Call the midlife!"I got it too, I was just waiting till a civilised hour to mention it [emoji23]
I've given them all my details, including the bank details I gave the Nigerian Prince...

Hey!  Don't you be messing with MY Nigerian Prince...  I have sent him MY bank details as its me that really deserves the 10million left unclaimed following the Royal audit.
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "MR TWO"
Quote from: "Call the midlife!"I got it too, I was just waiting till a civilised hour to mention it [emoji23]

Hey!  Don't you be messing with MY Nigerian Prince...  I have sent him MY bank details as its me that really deserves the 10million left unclaimed following the Royal audit.
You're only getting TEN million?? Hardly worth bothering...

Bernie

Prince pah I give you Nigerian Major Tom to ground control  :-) :-) :-)

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.

Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Treboeth

No spam in my Inbox   s:( :( s:(  

And no spam from any Nigerians of any description   s:( :( s:(  

Has someone broken my internet?

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "Treboeth"No spam in my Inbox   s:( :( s:(  

And no spam from any Nigerians of any description   s:( :( s:(  

Has someone broken my internet?
Your circuits dead, there's something wrong...

loadswine

Can you hear me Major Tom?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Ardent

wasn't he sitting in a tin can

Tags: