Headlight bulb changing

Started by Gaz mr-s, November 14, 2017, 20:47

Gaz mr-s

Fiddly, innit......  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

I tried for a wee while in daylight but didn't have enough time.  The low-beam h7....It looks like there's a notch that the spring leg fits into, & as others have experienced, I'm finding it difficult to 'feel' it. I'm wondering if it really needs the notch....would a ledge be sufficient, ie trim half of it away.?

It's probably too tricky to do in-situ, so I'd take the headlight out to do it. I've read that this requires removal (partial?) of the wheelarch liner.  How tricky is it, - does it need the wheel removed?

And the HB3....there are two (or 3) cross-head screws in the holder....do they need undone?

Roverv8

You damm right there
I've had headlight problems last month
I can now just replace the headlight bulb in situ
I did however remove the light to see said notch and get a feel of how
It fits on to the car
Think I turned wheel towards the centre of the car
To gain access at the forward part of arch liner
Think there's a nut / screw to undo behind the lamp behind the liner
HB3 - if you mean the front fogs there a video on YouTube
I leavered   them out at top left & right and at the back of the light is the little adjustment screw
It's captive in a round plastic grommet thing that I used flat nose pliers to remove

Gaz mr-s

Thanks..... hb3 are the high-beams

ChrisGB

The H7 clip is a bit fiddly, but once you get the knack, it's an easy job. The HB3 / 9005 main beam is easier, you pull the connector off, then turn the base of the bulb (anticlockwise from memory) and the bulb comes out.
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Gaz mr-s

Hi-beams changed.  I wanted to see if I could modify the spring location of the low-beams. Took a wheelarch liner back. Am I correct that it's a threaded stud from the light housing close to the wing, with a nut on it which faces rearwards....?  Undid it, but light unit will not budge. Used a wooden drift onto it....no joy.

Roverv8

Forgot about the locating peg / pin near the front of light locks into a
Receiver near the front wing ,,, it's a pull forward pull towards the centre of
the car,,, wiggle it just a little bit,,, Q for a song

Two's Company

I had forgotten what a PiTA it is to relocate the retaining  clip. I suppose that's why I've been putting off changing the blown bulb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: