Creeper recommendations

Started by jvanzyl, December 1, 2017, 15:03

jvanzyl

Hi Folks,
I'd like to get a creeper for doing underbody rust stuff... my drive is concrete but not the smoothest. Basically just poured and level.

Can anybody recommend a creeper with soft enough wheels to cope with the bumps and enable smoother movement?

shnazzle

I can un-recommend any of the Halfords ones. Absolute rubbish
...neutiquam erro.

jvanzyl

Quote from: "shnazzle"I can un-recommend any of the Halfords ones. Absolute rubbish

Fair enough- that is helpful!

keeper2611

I've got a Halfords one and it works fine for me!
2002 Red pfl being slowly modified

jvanzyl

Quote from: "keeper2611"I've got a Halfords one and it works fine for me!

Sigh...I guess I'm back to Amazon reviews! I basically want one with nice soft wheels to potentially make it roll over the bumps better.

In other news I have just discovered that our house has a 3 phase power supply  :-) :-) :-)  so in theory all I'd need is the appropriate isolater  switch, then invite the power people round to fit the 3 phase meter and then there will be a world of possibilities open to me with regards to workshop tools!!!

Carolyn

As helpful as softer wheels are, you also want a big  diameter, when it comes to rough surfaces.  You might be better making your own with big castors.  You'd need to get the car a bit higher, though.

Edit:  How much would it cost to get part of the driveway skimmed?
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Essex2Visuvesi

m https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331877978809 m
These are good and multi purpose

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "Essex2Visuvesi"
 m https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331877978809 m
These are good and multi purpose
I've got that one, it's handy for working on the brakes/shocks etc when the car is jacked up, about the right height when you're sat on it.
Not the comfiest if you're laid on your side trying to reach something, benefits from a sheet of thick cardboard or similar over the sections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

delhusband

I'd totally avoid creepers, they sneak up on you and blow stuff up
[attachment=0:1hdaka7s] ia0 Screenshot_20171202-191934.png ia0 [/attachment:1hdaka7s]
Hate pointy animals

Essex2Visuvesi

Quote from: "delhusband"I'd totally avoid creepers, they sneak up on you and blow stuff up
Screenshot_20171202-191934.png

I've been waiting for someone to refer to minecraft

delhusband

Quote from: "delhusband"I'd totally avoid creepers, they sneak up on you and blow stuff up

s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  apologies, I am an infant   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Hate pointy animals

Call the midlife!

Quote from: "delhusband"

s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  apologies, I am an infant   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
At least it's not Pokemon for a change...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

Treboeth

Del &Essex for shame on you taking the subject off topic   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Personally I thought the first one was quite good, second was okay but won`t be watching the third

StuC

Oooooo off topic. Why didn't someone call me?  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Garfy

Hey John, I have a Halfords one sat under my sofa if you want to borrow it and try?
Give me the nod and I'll bring it down to the shop or drop it off at yours?
 s:o :o s:o )
Water cooled T25 turbo
Air to air intercooler
440cc injectors
ECU and electronic boost control
2.5" sports exhaust with twin tail pipes

Tags: