Alloy wheels

Started by nimrod, December 28, 2017, 11:38

nimrod

I've just been casually looking at alloy wheels, thinking rather than having my wheels refurbished maybe buy new alloys, I quite like the look of the Wolfrace U1 which has 5 spokes, also thinking 16", the alloy wheel site says they fit my car, but the Wolfrace site says does not fit my car? not sure if anyone has bought this wheel, am I right in saying the off set is the difference of the width of tyre on the front and rear, it's not cheap to buy wheels and tyres so want to know whether they would fit, it is meant to come with balanced wheels with fitting kit.

Ardent

Does not directly answer your question but hopefully go some way towards it.

September 2002 – End of line All Markets
Front Wheels
Width 15″ x 6″
Offset = et45
PCD = 4 x 100
Weight = 14.6 lbs

Rear Wheels
Width 16″ x 7″
Offset = et45
PCD = 4 x 100
Weight =

Front Tyres (Bridgestone RE040 or Yokohama A043
185/55/15 V81
Rear Tyres (Bridgestone RE040 or Yokohama A043
215/45/16 W86

jonbill

The offset is the distance between the wheel mounting face and the centre plane of the rim. So the offset of 45 for std wheels means the centre is 45 mm inside of the mount face.

If you keep the same offset and go to 1" wider wheel then 1/2" more wheel towards the strut and 1/2" more towards the outside of the wheel arch.
If you reduce the offset by 25mm to 20, the outside face would be in about same place as stock wheel and that extra 1" would be all on the strut side.

mikek

I have a set of mille miglia evo 5 in 17 inch which have come off a mk3. They have very good Falken tyres on and come with a set of appropriate wheel nuts. £400
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

nimrod

I'm just thinking about it at the moment, as I do like the original design, that's been helpful knowing what the offset means, stagger is the wider tyre at the rear I think, Thanks for mentioning the Mille Miglia set, I still have plenty of tread on my tyres so I'm really thinking ahead for my next tyre change.

Tags: