2zz exhausts review/comparison

Started by mikek, January 3, 2018, 16:44

mikek

I have now had 3 different exhaust systems on my car so I thought I would do a brief comparison.

1) headcase custom manifold standard cat and exhaust.

When I picked it up from rogue I thought it was great. Patrick and Matt both told me the exhaust was restictive and holding the car back, especially at the top end. I could feel what they meant but didn't really care! Anyway after the 2 hour drive home in my newly modified toy I could see and smell what they meant as the cat had got so hot it had melted the nappy! Definitely restricted. Time for a different solution.....

2) headcase custom manifold, 200 cell sports cat, Janspeed exhaust (2.25 inch diameter)

Wow. What a difference. Looks great, sounds great, goes great. Exhaust much freer flowing. Car really goes when in lift, great midrange with the cams, noise just screams and puts a smile on your face every time you hit the loud pedal.....which is a lot!!! Can get a bit annoying on a long run and I'm sure my neighbours weren't big fans of it. But I'm still looking for more power and to make my little car the best it can be.......

3) Megillian Racing custom exhaust for 2ZZ MR2 (2.5 inch diameter)

Ive only just fitted this and i have to say its extremely well made and was very easy to fit thanks to the v-band design. Single exit, looks standard (I like the sleeper look) Definitely flows better especially in lift. Seems to have more power/speed through the gears, just over 60mph in second and 90 in 3rd (private road obviously). Sounds more growley than screamey, very quiet when cruising. Haven't really had the chance to push this one yet as I only fitted it a couple of days ago but initial impressions are very very good. 2.5 inch is also recommended for rotrex......
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

Bugster_MR2

Nice post. Thanks for your input.

Would love a picture of option 3 from up top.  s:) :) s:)  Seen Megillians pictures on their FB-page, but don't think I've seen any of the V-band connection and headers.
Bugster
2001 red with KW3, TRD rear brace, Zero race cat and MAF-mod.
2003 silver TTE Turbo, underbrace, sidescoops, style bar, front bumper, rear spoiler, interior garnish, exhaust

Mark A

What was the price for Megillian racing system?

mikek

£650. Manifold, sports cat, back box. Complete system. Manifold is a modified celica one.
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

JoeCool

Not a bad price at all for the megillain system there. No way it's got you more top speed though, that's purely a function of Rev limit and gear ratio. Any exhaust will get you there. 
2ZZ '02 Roadster

manos3003

Megillian exhaust is well-priced and made. I've only had one small problem with it but easily fixed. Sound is awesome too  ;D
I can't recall a day when I drove my MR2 and it didn't put a smile on my face
<strike>2000 Spectra Blue Mica - 2ZZ-GE gone, but not forgotten</strike>
2002 Spectra Blue Mica K20A2 coming up

Tags: