Vinstar DRL/Fog Lights

Started by Big G, January 7, 2018, 16:42

Big G

Hi All
My front fog lights were a bit tatty, reflectors corroded, they let down my recently renovated MR2 Roadster, so time for replacements. I found some LED DRL/LED foglights made by Vinstar on ebay, direct replacements.
I fitted them today, absolutely fantastic fit and work like a dream, this how I did it.
1. Jack up front and put on axle stands and remove front wheels
2. Loosen off under spoiler plastics each side to gain access to the back of the fog lights
3. Remove old fog lights and fit new ones the fitting lugs are indentical
4. Next mount the control boxes one each side, I used velcro and mounted them on the painted vertical surface/inner bulkhead.
5. The kit comes with a loom so connection is easy, original fog light feed plugs into the control box, the control box has a lead that plugs into the new DRL/fog light, then one lead from the control box to the new loom.
6. I ran the loom across the top of front slam panel (under the Frunk liner plastic panel)
7. The loom was threaded behind the fuse box then 2 wires to connect, I tapped into the ACC live to the wiper motor feed with red wire then the yellow was tapped into the dipped head light feed, I spliced and soldered then heat shrinked the joints. The positive lead comes with a inline fuse.
8. Sequence of DRL/Fog lights - ignition on = DRL (outer led halo illuminated), Head lights on = the DRL halo goes off, the LED fog lights can be selected as normal.
Very pleased with the result £129.99 off ebay, I have made a video of the light sequences on youtube, see link below or visit my channel George Hodgson

m https://youtu.be/VrgpbrfcKy4 m

Big G

m https://imgur.com/a/5kK9Q m
I have tried to add photos using imgur but not sure if this works.
Cheers
George

hamspeed

Excellent work George, thank you again for your business.  s:D :D s:D
02' Toyota MR2 Roadster Race Car -
Owner @ GarageFiftyNine - Supplier of Automotive parts and accessories | Stainless Steel Manifolds | LED/DRL Fo

BahnStormer

Nice work - they really look good! I'm all up for anything that makes me more visible! (see me recent prang)

How are the fog lights compared to proper fog lights? I'm just aware that LED's have a tendency to really fill out the headlight unit and the view of the vehicle makes it look REALLY bright, but the beam pattern is sometimes "pretty sketchy"...
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Tags: