Decent head unit promotion.

Started by BahnStormer, January 7, 2018, 18:15

BahnStormer

If anybody is interested in a decent mid-range, compact upgrade to their headunit: Halfords are now doing the Pioneer MVH-390BT model for £60 (incl. a 4x50W* MOSFET, BT, microphone, voice controls, etc)... although there's no promotion on the fitting, so that's back up to £30 if you wanted them to do the 1DIN conversion and run the mic cables. Also, if you have a Utility Warehouse cashback card, there's another 8% discount available via that: it's a really decent upgrade for <£83 fully fitted, £56 if you have the time to DIY. (or £90/£60 without the extra discount)

*this is more like 2x18W, maybe 2x20W RMS once you convert their massive THD levels for measuring "50W" (PMPO) down... so it's about 4x12W RMS.... but then allow for the fact that you're only driving two sets of components, so only 2 channels are active.

It's a very light unit (much lighter than OEM), with a reasonable headunit amp plus features are decent and modern... and the colouring is pretty close to OEM, so looks discreet and classy.

m http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... reId=10001 m

(and yes - that's the headunit that I got... although I paid about £85+£25 fitting for mine   s:( :( s:(  )
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Tags: