Battery charger / optimiser recommendations.

Started by tricky1138, January 7, 2018, 20:56

tricky1138

As the MR2 is now sitting unloved in the garage, the battery is going flat.   s:( :( s:(  

I've got a battery charger so have charged her up but as normal something (usually baby related!) comes up so I haven't gone out and the battery has gone flat again.

Rather than keep charging it up and letting it go flat again, can anyone recommend a battery optimiser that is just left plugged in all the time till I want to use it?
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

krazysteve

Charge it then remove positive lead. then top it up every couple of weeks.
RACING, because football, cricket, rugby and golf only need ONE BALL

SteveJ

CTEK XS0.8 - it's kept the battery going in the Elise for the last couple of years parked up for 6-8 weeks at a time (until it finally gave out at 10 years old!)

Bossworld

Saw your Facebook post as well but in case someone on here searches for the same thing

m https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maypole-7423A- ... B009A83P1E m

Had that one recommended to me by someone when I asked the same question on here a few weeks back. Came with a short quick disconnect loom that can be left permanently attached to the battery.

MR TWO

Ctek keep my Ducati primed and ready to go and I'd reccomend them to anyone & everyone
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

stavros58

Hi I bought one of these 2 years ago January 2016 and its brilliant  m https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1 m
I recharged a battery that hadn't been used for 4 years the original MR2 battery then put that in the car and re-charged my current battery it is the AA Battery Charger & Maintainer, For 6V & 12V Lead Acid and Gel Batteries its specs are as follows it also comes with really long leads and adapters. Its currently £29 I bought mine for £28 from Amazon, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I bought a bigger battery for the MR2 that I managed to shoehorn in much better than the toy battery they come with.

Provides the best type of charge to prolong battery life
Intelligent built-in microprocessor
Suitable for all types of 6V & 12V lead acid and gel batteries (IP65)
Reverse polarity protection
Short circuit protection

Hope that helps.
MR2 Chilli Red, final 300 production run for U.K. Hard Top, TTE twin pipes, Alacantra leather. Pre registered, no mods but  Brilliant! Favourite quote "I don\'t expect to know what is around the corner but I do at least expect to know where the corner is"

BahnStormer

Stavros's AA battery recharger recommendation looks like a rebadged version of the baby Sakura. I needed to recover and recondition the battery in my Audi A6 and bought the big daddy version: "Sakura SS5037 Intelligent Battery Charger, 5.3 Amp" - there's also a trickle cahrger / maintenance mode on most of their models.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0068QX4G2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Several friends use these for sports cars / GT's that aren't used very often and apparently they're pretty much identical to the Aston Martin ones (DB7 generation), so I figured it would be fine for my little motors :)
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Craikeybaby

I also have a Ctek - mine have with an adaptor that you can hardwire to the battery terminals, so you just have to open the engine compartment and plug it in.

Unfortunately I had to take the conditioner off the MR2 as the battery on my wife's car was flat, then the battery on the MR2 went flat  (:< >:)

Tags: