Just trying to get a few more questions answered such as eml concerns and v6 etc then I will post up how to pay and book in. Looks like we should get 5 no problem.
Any progress on this?
I've downloaded the EMU software and I have to say it looks pretty darn decent. Tons of safeties and I also found an EML light output and you can select what it should illuminate the EML for.
There are various output options for the tacho, maybe of them is compatible with the output of the dash ECU on the stock 2.
VVT-i control looks good with a (small) map where you can map VVT-i angle to rpm and load on multiple cams.
For 2zz you can have a separate map profile for "lift" or VTEC for those on k20.
Safeties on all sorts;
- tkming/fuel adjustment on knock and it had a stock engine noise profile you put in to help accurately detect knock.
- rpm limiter on excessive oil pressure, egt, iat boost, AFR,etc and also ignition cuts on these.
- limit rpm to X until coolant temp is Y...I like that a lot.
- traction control is simple but effective. You install a potentiometer on your dash to adjust sensitivity and it uses VSS and rpm to determine slip. On the slip tolerance it basically cuts ignition to lower torque. Simple and clever. Would be good if it has inputs from the ABS sensors though to help detect wheel by wheel slip.
- good gear by gear boost control with 16x16 map table for target boost to load/rpm
- overboost protection
- water meth and nitrous control
- all sorts of jazzy Motorsport features like flat shift (sweeeet), anti-lag...no thanks, launch control, pit limiter
- closed loop fueling adjustments via NBO or WBO sensors.
- target AFR maps
- all the compensations you'd expect for barometric pressure, temperature,etc
- quite nifty idle air control valve control,but I didn't see any input for A/C clutch triggering it though...that's worth asking about. Or any A/C controls for that matter.
- all the usual fueling strategies but clearly focussed on MAP (built in).
- internal Bosch LS4.2 wideband controller but it also accepts stock NBO and also external wideband input (5v)
- live tuning..duh..
- input from Bluetooth module for things like map switching.or a manual switch.
All in all it's a damn impressive piece of kit. the software is VERY user friendly. Absolutely crap easy. If you know what you're doing, you can work with this ECU even if you've never used it before.