Torque of the Top and Tarpaulin Support

Started by edmundopt, February 22, 2018, 18:35

edmundopt

Hi, well I've search for it, and the only mention is the seat belt bolt 90119-10915, on page 1268 the torque value is 42N.m.,  can I use the same torque for the other nuts ?

Carolyn

Sometimes, I want to visit people and take their torque wrenches away.  Just do it up good and tight.  But, yes, if they are the same size, do them the same.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Joesson

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.
Chuck Reid

edmundopt

Quote from: Carolyn on February 22, 2018, 18:45
Sometimes, I want to visit people and take their torque wrenches away.  Just do it up good and tight.  But, yes, if they are the same size, do them the same.

Well, I can say that I torque 99% of the screws, there are two reasons for it :
I tend to break all the screws smaller then 10mm
I drive much better knowing its proper torqued..

and the extra other reason might be : its how they do it when they assemble the car!

Call the midlife!

Quote from: edmundopt on February 22, 2018, 21:05
Quote from: Carolyn on February 22, 2018, 18:45

Well, I can say that I torque 99% of the screws, there are two reasons for it :
I tend to break all the screws smaller then 10mm
I drive much better knowing its proper torqued..

and the extra other reason might be : its how they do it when they assemble the car!
I think they only use torque settings at assembly to reduce the risk of shearing bolts and causing lost time more than anything else, smoke and mirrors.
There are no torque figures quoted for the mounting bar screws on any of the diagrams I've got, F tight usually works for me. I miss fasteners that squeaked to let you know they were just right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

Tags: