Main Wiring Loom on Cars built 1/2000 - 8/2002

Started by normanh, September 30, 2008, 11:57

normanh

Guys just had a letter from Head Office of MR T adving me that there is a possible fault where the wiring loom may chaffe on the audio mount and that I should contact my local dealer for inspection and possible repair at Mr T's cost.

They say the problem caused is that the warning lights for the airbag and or the abs come on, I guess all registered owners will be getting this letter.

normanh

The letter is coded 7GB01 no other codes given

normanh

I hope this works, as I dont post that many pictures on the site and its a long time since I did so here goes. I am not supprised that some Mr T's have not heard of the potential problem, I was just saying to my wife that I would give it a few days before contacting the Essex dealer to give them a chance to get the update.

here goes   m http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg14 ... letter.jpg m

normanh

Anonymous

Here is a copy of an email received from Toyota GB regarding this matter along with an attached letter.

If admin feel it necessary it can be pinned for reference to those it concerns

Les

QuoteHi Les

I wanted to ask your help with posting some information on the various MR2 owners clubs forums. We have a letter which we wanted to post on the various websites explaining to owners about a future modification campaign affecting MR2 roadsters from 2000 to 2002. We thought it would be useful to provide background information to owners explaining about this campaign and to ensure the correct information is easily available. It is also to emphasise that if you receive a letter then your vehicle may be affected, if you do not receive this letter then it is not.

Best wishes

David Crouch
Press Office
Toyota (GB) PLC

roger

[MOD]Thanks Les, I've stickied this so it stays at the top of the threads, amended the title to be more specific, and deleted posts on the thread irrelevant to the main matter in hand.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Pam - MR2 Only

Hi,

As suggested by Les this has been included in Issue 12 which has been dispatched today as a separate 'Stop Press' for any Roadster owners who may have missed it or are not on the forum.

Thanks Les for letting us know

Pam
 w www.mr2only.com w
www.mr2only.com - The ONLY dedicated magazine for the MR2 enthusiast worldwide

Anonymous

I had this procedure done while my car was in for repair, it isn't  much of a job and there is nothing to worry about, plus as part of the package I received £15 worth of petrol for the inconvenience   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Les

onion86

I've got an import but I'm assuming this will effect mine too? Might have to print the letter out and take it to the local Mr T.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

StuM

Hi All,

Mine is between those dates, but no letter received.  Do Mr T get the registered owners list from the DVLA?   s:? :? s:?  

Cheers,
Stu
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

roger

Quote from: "StuM"Mine is between those dates, but no letter received.  Do Mr T get the registered owners list from the DVLA?   s:? :? s:?  

No idea, probably not since its NOT a recall. Why not just print it out and take it to your MrT?
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "StuM"Mine is between those dates, but no letter received.  Do Mr T get the registered owners list from the DVLA?   s:? :? s:?  

No idea, probably not since its NOT a recall. Why not just print it out and take it to your MrT?

As in my original letter from David Crouch I can only repeat what was stated, assuming this is for UK models only.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

QuoteHi Les

I wanted to ask your help with posting some information on the various MR2 owners clubs forums. We have a letter which we wanted to post on the various websites explaining to owners about a future modification campaign affecting MR2 roadsters from 2000 to 2002. We thought it would be useful to provide background information to owners explaining about this campaign and to ensure the correct information is easily available. It is also to emphasise that if you receive a letter then your vehicle may be affected, if you do not receive this letter then it is not.

Best wishes

David Crouch
Press Office
Toyota (GB) PLC

kentsmudger

I saw this when it started at the end of September and only got my letter this week, so it looks like they are in no rush.
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Anonymous

I have just received a radio wiring harness recall for my 01 reg

Anyone know what the problem is ?

I have an after market radio fitted but they still want to have a look

s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

jus read the next notice to find that Toyota issued this notice in September 2008 - only took them 2 months to tell me about it !!

Anonymous

I never got a letter but i rang toyota to check,they did not recognise any of the registration no's its had(private and normal)but did a check on its chassis no and i have 2 outstanding recalls.One is the wiring behind header and the other is the master cylinder for brakes.Have others have a recall on their master cylinder?

StuM

Hi,

Thread with the details is 'stickied' at the top of this forum:

Clicky

I have a '51' and have never received this notice, so you're one step further on than me!

Cheers,
Stu
Stu M

Chris_h

I was called by my dealer (very exciting) - when I returned the call hoping for some free wheels / free engine etc, was mega disappointed...

Seems the wire can chafe and cause fire - not that we have heard of any.....

I cant be bothered taking my car in for that
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "life of bryan".Have others have a recall on their master cylinder?
Yep, the letter is hidden under reams of paper on my desk  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

The dealership didn't seem to be to interested when I brought it up with them.

Anonymous

The dealer said that the master cylinders have had to be replaced on some cars so mines booked in on mon to have both sorted.

kentsmudger

Quote from: "Chris_h"I was called by my dealer ....
Seems the wire can chafe and cause fire - not that we have heard of any.....

I cant be bothered taking my car in for that

Could cause a fire in my car?   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:     s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Dealer offering to sort it free? At a time of my choosing?   s:) :) s:)  

- Nah, I can't be bothered either   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Liz

I doubt your insurance would pay out either if your car caught light and they found out that your car was called in and you ignored it!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Wabbitkilla

[MOD] Merged with original topic, keep it all in one place please   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   [/MOD]
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

edward.carter

"Just!" received this letter myself... they taking there time lol

StuM

Quote from: "edward.carter""Just!" received this letter myself... they taking there time lol

Yep, got mine yesterday.
Stu M

muffdan

got mine yesterday too. I think they must be trying to do them in batches!

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

edward.carter

going to print the one off here and take that with me too, as the one they posted seems to have missed off the " free valet and top up your fuel"  s:) :) s:)

Tags: