Main Wiring Loom on Cars built 1/2000 - 8/2002

Started by normanh, September 30, 2008, 11:57

SimonC_Here

Yep there was just me!  s:) :) s:)

To be fair it was 7:58 so they don't really open until 8:00

Simon

ChrisHumes

was gunna take mine in today but gunna ring and cancel for now due to snow. fyi, i emailed the guy at toyota GB to see if everyone was due the free petrol and valet as it wasnt mentioned on my letter and he said yes, it should be in the garages system to do that so ensure that you get it.

heres part of the email......In terms of this service campaign, Toyota Centres will automatically know to add some fuel for visiting them (there is a set amount for this,) and to valet the vehicle.  While this is not included in the letter it forms part of the overall job and comes as a nice surprise to those not expecting it.

With regard to the oil change, this affected the first 850 vehicles of this campaign so not all will receive this. This was in conjunction with Toyota Centre Marketing Services and your Centre can advise you whether your own vehicle is included. david crouch

Anonymous

Hey, I've not received a letter but the audio fuse sparks abd blows as soon as it gets anywhere near its housing, does anyone think this could be the reason why?? thanks   s:) :) s:)

StuM

If you ring up Toyota and give them your reg, they should be able to let you know whether the recall work was done.  If not, they'll do it for you for free, you just need to get the car along to them...
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Anonymous

thanks, i'll do that  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

Hey thanks so much for the advice- my car never had the recall work done so they've booked me in for next week!  It might not have anything to do with the fuse problem but fingers crossed!   s:D :D s:D

StuM

Good luck with it - another thing to tick off at least   s:) :) s:)
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

rabscott2003

I have an MR-S just bought it privately, i did not get a letter, does anyone have more information on this? I know it was some time ago.

kentsmudger

Quote from: "rabscott2003"I have an MR-S just bought it privately, i did not get a letter, does anyone have more information on this? I know it was some time ago.
Probably worth a phone call to a dealer, but is it is an MR-S then, as an import, it may well not be on their records. Ask the dealer to have a look under your dash just to be safe maybe?
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Matt

I've just had this exact issue happen with my car now. I wonder if they would still honor the repair :-D

Tags: