Sky Insurance - Discount for ROC members!

Started by skyinsurance, November 13, 2008, 14:54

skyinsurance

Hi all,

We would to make this very clear right from the outset.. we cannot promise to help every MR2 ROC member, we have some criteria to be met and also some exclusions. If we cannot help you, we can only apologise. For the majority however, we should be competitive and be able to provide an excellent level of cover.

CONTACT DETAILS:

The best way to contact us is via our website, you'll find all the details you need via the link below. Please follow the link and feel free to have a look around!

m http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/carclubs/index.html m  

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Contact us:

TEL: 03303 331250
WEB: www.skyinsurance.co.uk
EMAIL: http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/

YOU CAN ALSO SEND US A PRIVATE MESSAGE!

Anonymous

Hi Ollie and a big welcome  s:D :D s:D  

I shalll certainly be asking for a quote come renewal as my current insurer is not particularly mod friendly.

I had a mk1 for 11 years and totally loved it, i never drove a mk2, but imo the roadster is very close to the mk1 so get yourself a drive in one if you have not already.

Once again welcome, it is great to see a mod friendly insurer as part of the club.  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

skyinsurance

Quote from: "nelix"Hi Ollie and a big welcome  s:D :D s:D  

I shalll certainly be asking for a quote come renewal as my current insurer is not particularly mod friendly.

I had a mk1 for 11 years and totally loved it, i never drove a mk2, but imo the roadster is very close to the mk1 so get yourself a drive in one if you have not already.

Once again welcome, it is great to see a mod friendly insurer as part of the club.  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Thanks for that.. I'll post up some details of my Mk1 (s) in another thread if mods dont mind.  I'd love a Mk3 at somepoint but I cannot justify it at the moment.  I currently have two Mk1s and a Fiesta daily driver   s:o :o s:o    I've driven a Mk2 and was very disapointed, I've heard good things about the Mk3 so I look forward to a spirited drive   s:D :D s:D  

Ollie
Contact us:

enid_b

im looking to renew mid december so i will certainly be calling you.  what a refreshing change to have a personal touch to such a dry subject.

all i will need now is a a competitive quote.

cheers

e
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

philster_d

Welcome to the club Ollie.

/Phil

spit

Yes, welcome to the ROC Ollie. I know you've already quoted a few members happy and we have a Buyer/Seller feedback thread underway for you, so I'm hoping the service you bring to Club members will be a successful one.

Unfortunately, I'm in one of your postcode blackspots   s:( :( s:(  but I hope that by the time I come to renew you'll be able to cater for the folk of Manchester.... if my car hasn't already been nicked by then .....

Finally, given your experience with older marques of MR2, perhaps we can persuade you to have a nosey around the site and get yourself a proper one   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  

Go well
Ste
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

loadswine

Welcome over Ollie, good to have you around.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

onion86

Welcome Ollie, got my insurance through you from this same offer over at another forum back in May.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

skyinsurance

Quote from: "spit"Unfortunately, I'm in one of your postcode blackspots   s:( :( s:(  but I hope that by the time I come to renew you'll be able to cater for the folk of Manchester.... if my car hasn't already been nicked by then .....

We do review our claims stats on a quarterly basis but unfortunately our stats for Manchester (and a lot of areas in the Northwest) are not good, hence the restrictions.  We can insure standard cars in high risk areas, but unfortunately certain postcodes are excluded from our car club scheme.  Sometimes this can be very frustrating for both the customer and for us.. when you have a customer who ticks all the right boxes apart from the postcode and we are unable to help them, it is as painful for us as it is the customer.  This is why we make it clear from the outset that we do have restrictions in certain areas.

Quote from: "spit"Finally, given your experience with older marques of MR2, perhaps we can persuade you to have a nosey around the site and get yourself a proper one   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  

I've been considering a mk3 for a while but just cant justify it at the moment.. see my thread on my Mk1... she takes up most of my time and money   s:) :) s:)  

Ollie
Contact us:

northernalex

Cheers for setting this up Ste and Ollie.

I actually rang through to sky insurance after seeing you guys mentioned on jap north east, that i'm also a member, before going with another insurance company that were a couple of hundred quid cheaper.

However, put it like this..

Phone call to sky insurance

"Hi, I have these mods - Short Shifter" - Me
"Ok" - Sky
"Aftermarket ECU" - Me
"Oh, which one" - Sky
"Emanage Blue" - Me
"Are they any good?, I've heard the Apexi is pretty good on jap cars" - Sky.
i.e. a decent conversation!!!  s:) :) s:)

And in comparison to the insurers I went with
"Hi, I have these mods - Short Shifter" - Me
"Whats that" - insurer
"A gubbins that allows you to change gears faster" Me
"So its like a gearknob" Insurer
"Erm, not really" me

And I had to explain each bit in detail - took a while but got there in the end..  However they were still a bit cheaper so went with the other company.  Still come renewal date, I'm calling Sky as I'd much rather be insured with a company whos staff actually knows what they are talking about, providing the cost difference is nothing to shout about.  (29m, 3 year no claims, slightly modfied, MR2 MK3, Cramlington, Garaged).

Cheers

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Chris

Ollie,

One of the best reasons that I'm with another club's mr2 insurance scheme is that they offer trackday insurance if notified in advance.

Is this something that Sjy are able to offer?
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

skyinsurance

Quote from: "Chris"Ollie,

One of the best reasons that I'm with another club's mr2 insurance scheme is that they offer trackday insurance if notified in advance.

Is this something that Sjy are able to offer?

Hi,

we do not offer trackday cover as such, we have recently looked into it but the general consensus amongst our customers was 'if you bend it, you mend it'.   Having said that, we do recommend a company via our website, their web address is:

m http://www.moris.co.uk/ m

Hop[e that helps

Regards

Ollie
Contact us:

markiii

Ollie, whilst i take your point, I suspect the average Mk3 is worth substantially more than Mk2 or Mk1s therefore teh if you bend it you mend option can work out a whole lot more expensive
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

skyinsurance

Quote from: "markiii"Ollie, whilst i take your point, I suspect the average Mk3 is worth substantially more than Mk2 or Mk1s therefore the if you bend it you mend option can work out a whole lot more expensive

I understand this, hence the link to Moris on our website.

The general consensus was taken from a spread of the members of different car clubs we operate with (we are affiliated with 80+ at the last count).  The main thing to check with trackday cover is the excess you pay if you do claim.. I have seen these as high as £5000 if you have an incident on track.  I'd advise checking these sorts of details before buying any trackday cover, also check that the track you are going on is covered by the insurer.

Ollie
Contact us:

evileye_wrx

Hi Ollie, received that thing in the post this morning. You really shouldn't have but thanks anyway   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

ex-member

I got a quote through Luke @ Sky the other day (DEAD helpful/knowledgeable chap) for if I were to tubby transplant my mk2 and DAMN it was cheap!

I'm 24, been driving for only 2.5 years, with only the ncb gained from me being a named driver on my mk2 for hte past 2.5 years and a tubby came out at 1100ish....a V6 was about 600 under my own name also!

Thats....REALLY cheap considering I've not been driving long and had previously been quoted 1900 for a tub transplant!

So anyways, call Sky, they rock  s:D :D s:D

skyinsurance

Quote from: "evileye_xc"Hi Ollie, received that thing in the post this morning. You really shouldn't have but thanks anyway   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Phil

No worries Phil..   s:D :D s:D
Contact us:

skyinsurance

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"I got a quote through Luke @ Sky the other day (DEAD helpful/knowledgeable chap) for if I were to tubby transplant my mk2 and DAMN it was cheap!

I'm 24, been driving for only 2.5 years, with only the ncb gained from me being a named driver on my mk2 for hte past 2.5 years and a tubby came out at 1100ish....a V6 was about 600 under my own name also!

Thats....REALLY cheap considering I've not been driving long and had previously been quoted 1900 for a tub transplant!

So anyways, call Sky, they rock  s:D :D s:D

Thanks for the great feedback   s:D :D s:D  

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Contact us:

Wabbitkilla

Well explained by Luke on the Phone, but Sky can't insure me for my mods in my postcode area.
Not Skys' fault really, but i live in a Market Town FFS!
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

aaronjb

I tried Sky too - the guy who handled my call was friendly, helpful and called me back when he said he would (Daniel Lacey, incidentally) - sadly the closest he could get was £300 more than my renewal quote with Flux, so I'll be staying there.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Wabbitkilla

It's odd because Sky told Ste that the only places they wont cover is Manchester and Liverpool, we can now add Bradford post code areas.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

skyinsurance

Hi,

I am pleased that you were happy with the way the calls were handled.. apologies we were unable to help you both.   We cannot win them all unfortunately.

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Contact us:

skyinsurance

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"It's odd because Sky told Ste that the only places they wont cover is Manchester and Liverpool, we can now add Bradford post code areas.

Liverpool and Manchester are two areas which are excluded from our car club scheme however we still insure many customers in those areas.  We also struggle with the following areas:

Preston
Warrington
Oldham
Bradford

and have restrictions on other postcodes.

I would still encourage anyone living in these araes to get in contact because we can use other underwriters.. if the car has a low level of mods or is standard then we are usually still competitive.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Contact us:

Wabbitkilla

Ollie, that's good to know.

Trouble with where i live is, it may be a bradford post code but i actually live in Skipton which is a Market town in North Yorkshire some 20miles from Bradford. One of those inequalities of post code lottery i guess.

7 years since i had a claim or incident, nearly 4 years since a SP30, only used for pleasure, have another form of transport, ok it's parked on the street but it's a no through road, member of CSMA, member of ROC. It's just not cricket   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

WillsSayers

Apparently they won't insure me being under 23 with a V6'd Roadster   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

Tags: