Any sable owners with gun metal grey wheels?

Started by Tom_K, March 27, 2013, 10:08

Tom_K

I'm looking to refurb my stock wheels, probably just going to keep them silver but was wondering what gun metal grey might look like? Anyone done this or have a picture?

Cheers.

AndyM

I'm planning on doing exactly this with mine, looks good...

Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

AndyM

I've also just knocked up a quick 2 minute photoshop.

This is basically the look I'm trying to get with mine eventually...

dj2k21

I think gloss black will look awesome on a sable car. Ties in nice with the soft top too
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

onion86

JiMR2's car:

I think black goes, especially with black leather  s:) :) s:) :

Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Patch

Good Goddamn!  That is a beautiful car:

Tom_K

Quote from: "AndyM"I've also just knocked up a quick 2 minute photoshop.

This is basically the look I'm trying to get with mine eventually...

Great thanks. Exactly what I was after. Now, to decide which I prefer!

AckersMR2

I don't know if anyone saw wheeler dealers a few weeks ago when they did a DB7, they had the wheels refurb'ed and they were smoked silver on the outside face of the wheel fading to black/dark charcoal in the inner of the rim, looked really nice  :-) :-) :-)
My only car is a Ducati 

StuC

So you post a picture that doesn't show it... well played!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
I expect a photoshop of it by the morning!!  s;-) ;-) s;-)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

AckersMR2

Quote from: "StuC"So you post a picture that doesn't show it... well played!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
I expect a photoshop of it by the morning!!  s;-) ;-) s;-)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Ok Mr Magoo so what's that in the bottom left corner of the picture then?  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Well played!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Would you like me to get your coat for you?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

onion86

Quote from: "AckersMR2"
Quote from: "StuC"So you post a picture that doesn't show it... well played!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
Ok Mr Magoo so what's that in the bottom left corner of the picture then?  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Well played!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Would you like me to get your coat for you?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
I thought the same as Stu, that wheel just looks plain gold to me, not like the one you've described. On silghtly closer inspection of what looks like shadow on the rim I suppose it could be smoked charcoal  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

AckersMR2

Oh for pity's sake!
Here you go

You can check out the rest of the pictures here, there's even some of the guy actually spraying the wheel

http://www.discoveryuk.com/web/wheeler-dealers/photos/wheeler-dealers-10-aston-martin-db7/
My only car is a Ducati 

StuC

They just look like regular silver wheels with the insides in shadow. They must look better in person.

AckersMR2

Quote from: "StuC"They just look like regular silver wheels with the insides in shadow. They must look better in person.
Fine whatever, it's not you that's changing your feckin wheels anyway!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

They looked nice on the tele  :-) :-) :-)

That's the sort of thing a quality modifier would spot and appreciate  :-) :-) :-)

EDIT: bit harsh of me, I actually quite like the unintentional slightly gold effect created by the lighting reflection on the floor in the first pic I posted, rather than the plain silver. If you've got discovery, try and catch it they repeat them enough, it did look a lot more effective than the pictures illustrate.
My only car is a Ducati 

Anonymous

Here is mine I did with the original toyota 15" rims   s:D :D s:D  

l garage.php?mode=view_image&type=garage_gallery&image_id=1487 l

loadswine

This is my silver with grey wheels. DIY job this one.  s;) ;) s;)

In sunlight they actually look a bit different.

No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

AndyM

Very nice. Thinking about DIYing my stock wheels. Did you get the types off to do it, or mask and paint/lacquer in situ?

loadswine

Thanks.
Tyres stayed on,  the wheels were taken off the car, lots of preparation and careful masking. Acid etch primer, grey coat, additional layer for effects and a few coats of clear.

Tom_K

Quote from: "loadswine"This is my silver with grey wheels. DIY job this one.  s;) ;) s;)

In sunlight they actually look a bit different.

Looks fantastic. What's the 'shimmery' layer?!

What happened to your red V6? That was one of my favourite '2's!

loadswine

Thanks Tom. The shimmery layer is holographic metalflake. Its like having two sets of wheels, as when the light shines on them, they do indeed shimmer in different colours. i took a bit of a gamble and quite like how it turned out.

I sold my red V6 a couple of years ago. It was pretty much my favourite too.  s;) ;) s;)  Needed the cash. It remains in the club though and is waiting to have an even bigger V6 popped in it as far as I know.

Stu2fly

Found a place in Widnes that will strip and repaint my alloys in any colour for £220. Now need to decide on the colour!

StuC

some options here for you  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Stu2fly

Cheers StuC, I am thinking dark grey. The green looked quite funky though!! Lol

StuC

No worries. It's what all the toil was for.  s;-) ;-) s;-)  

I like the green ones too. A bit of contrast goes a long way IMHO.

tomaky

Ive a got a mate with sable and shadow chrome wheels.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Tags: