The Mohair roof thread

Started by Mike G, December 7, 2014, 19:59

Mike G

I thought it would be a good idea for members who have had their roofs mohaired if photos were to be all in one place for quick reference purposes now we have a few colour combinations. Please add your pics

Mike

Supplied and fitted by CTC  aka All Hoods , Romford
2004 Facelift in Crystal Silver (sub 30k)  with genuine bodykit,Precats out,Red Leather,Remus Dual Exhaust,Carbon Thresholds,vvti Badging on wings,TTE chrome fuel flap surround,Bridgestone Potenza REO40's ,Aerial override mode,RED Mohair roof, Bonnet and engine cover gas struts and a few other small internal tweaks :-)
And now... Mikes (my own) anti dash creak mod !

s12vea

Updated pictures 12/12/2014

Fitted by Kustom Interiors - Wickford Essex
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

andyroo104

Both purchased on eBay and diy fitting. :-) :-) :-)
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

loadswine

MOD note, if Mohair hood owners would like to post up their pics here to show members, that would be excellent. Please share the supplier/ fitter if possible. Sharing the cost of the item/ installation is optional. There is a separate thread for discussions about all things relating to Mohair hoods for the Roadster. Thanks.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

tomaky

Swansea Job its not perfect but its a bloody good hood.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

alanrees

Swansea hood, very good value!

gazza1286

I'm planning to 'revive'  the mohair hood at the weekend. There's a few 'thumb sized'  marks on the driver's side which appear to be some type of grease or oil? Any tips for removing these blemishes? Thanks.

andyroo104

The renovo three part kit is recommended/used by a lot of car valet companies,cleaner,dye and then a proofer to finish.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Mightyquin

Black mohair hood on mine but ..... if I can work out how to post the photo.

Ardent

have a shuffty at this

l viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20761 l

MIDSHIPSTER

Does anyone have a contact for the Mohair roof? Regarding supply and fit.
I'm in the West Midlands area. Looking for a red roof.

I don't mind traveling to Essex if it's a perfect job but need to know how long it would take to do?

Thanks in advance   s:D :D s:D

Joesson

From my reading on here:
The Company is Jack Smiths
The place is Swansea
The price is £290
The waiting time is worth it!

tricky1138

Another vote for Jack Smiths in Swansea. Great guy, knows exactly what he's doing and will even do extras like fixing drains, putting top strap in and everything.

I'll vote for him because he hates doing them as they're more complicated than a MX5 roof, so in a funny way he enjoyed telling me that!   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

I drove 320 miles to get it done so if that doesnt tell you something then nothing will!

2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

celmacmat

My roof is knackered and I could do with replacing it.

Any one has contact for companies in the North West?
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

Jrichards20

From my reading on here:
The Company is Jack Smiths
The place is Swansea
The price is £290
The waiting time is worth it!

As above. This place is cheaper than anywhere you will find in the country. Even with the extra £100 or so quid spent on petrol still cheaper. There is a reason why he is the only person that is only ever mentioned on this forum for new roofs, to everyeone, no matter where they live
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

norwichred

So not worth going to these Essex guys then?  Seeing a lot of love for Swansea but Essex is but an hour away for us.

redcarblackhorse

Hi all

Is this the correct jack smiths? Only one I can find in Swansea.  Phone call coming up then:)

m https://m.facebook.com/JackRSmithMotorTrimmers/ m
1999 MR-S with a few tweaks!
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

Treboeth

That's the one  :-) :-) :-)

redcarblackhorse

thank you  :-) :-) :-)
1999 MR-S with a few tweaks!
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

jimthestrim

Hi , After looking at various images I have now taken the plunge an am on Jack smiths waiting list for a new red roof to go on my 53 plate silver 6 speed model ready for fitting in early March. I knew joining the forum was going to cost me money   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
After first posting this on the wanted list I am now in a situation of thinking as another member pointed out red leather seats.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:   Can some members out there give me there opinion as at the moment I have black leather . I have always wanted red leather but after a couple of out bids on ebay I kind of wonder if I will ever find a set .
So A .... will black seats silver body and red roof work?? . The new roof is already costing me a holiday for the better half when she finds out about the seats I can see a new hand bag on the cards to keep the peace.
or B .... keep looking for red leather seats ????

Jamie

StuC

Keep looking for a red interior. Simples.

I had a black one with red, was one of the main reasons for buying it.  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

jimthestrim

Guess I will be asking eveyone for help finding me a set of red leather face lift seats when the next wage packet drops in to my account.  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

Treboeth

Quote from: "jimthestrim"Guess I will be asking eveyone for help finding me a set of red leather face lift seats when the next wage packet drops in to my account.  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
Jack Smiths also do leather seats  s;) ;) s;)
Think of that new leather feel on your seats:D

carolineasb

You'll need to make sure that the red interior matches the shade of your new roof!
2006 (56) Blue TF300 (Newbie)<br />2001 (Y)  Silver (Oldie)
2004 (04) Black (The Inbetweenie)

StuC

Quote from: "jimthestrim"when the next wage packet drops in to my account.  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

Clearly we will have helped you spend it 3 times over before that happens!  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Tags: