Martin's 2001 PFL Roadster

Started by MartinC, September 20, 2015, 21:45

MartinC

Striped the back end down:-

• Rear lights removed
  • Bumper removed
  • Crash bar removed
  • Exhaust removed
  • Rubbed down the antiroll bar, and painted with rust converter, ready for painting.
  • Removed standard induction pipe, and installed new Markiii pipe.  :-) :-) :-)
  • Fitted "new to me" engine cover with TRD style boot spoiler.

Things left todo:-

• Finish painting antiroll bar, and anything else I see that needs doing.
  • Fit new Cobra quad (when it arrives    ;D ;D  )
  • Refit all of the above, except lights, as I have some FL replacements.   8) 8) 8)
  • Get the wheels I bought from Onion86, powdercoated, I'm thinking black, and shod with some new rubber.
  • Plan the next round of upgrades.   :o
Martin

Readers ride :- Martin's 2001 Roadster

Essex2Visuvesi

How were the supercheap springs?
There's a set on amazon for £75.00 at the moment

MartinC

Not fitted them yet.  Only just getting back into doing things on the car again, as I split from my wife back in July, and have been busy moving, selling the house and sorting all the stuff that needs to be sorted.  On the upside, I now have lots more money to spend.  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Martin

MilesH

Cars looking good!

Have you wired the starter button so that the key is no longer required at all or do you still need it for the initial part of the start up?

MartinC

Quote from: "MilesH"Cars looking good!

Have you wired the starter button so that the key is no longer required at all or do you still need it for the initial part of the start up?
Still need the key unfortunately.  I don't trust the little angels that live around here or where I work.   s;-) ;-) s;-)
Martin

Brizee67

Can I assume that you simply don't turn the ignition key fully and then hit the START button or have you got something really clever set up??

MartinC

Quote from: "Brizee67"Can I assume that you simply don't turn the ignition key fully and then hit the START button or have you got something really clever set up??
Spot on.  Turn key to ACC, then press the button.
Martin

Brizee67

Quote from: "mxcum167"
Quote from: "Brizee67"Can I assume that you simply don't turn the ignition key fully and then hit the START button or have you got something really clever set up??
It'd be cool if you could disable the key from actually firing up the starter motor. I wonder if there's a way of doing that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MartinC

Quote from: "Brizee67"
Quote from: "mxcum167"
It'd be cool if you could disable the key from actually firing up the starter motor. I wonder if there's a way of doing that?

Theoretically if you can interrupt the operation of ST2 on the switch, then yes.
Martin

Brizee67

If I was going to put a Start button in the car (which I think is very cool btw) I'd definitely want to disable the key start otherwise there'd be no point from my point of view. Good positioning btw, very cool looking.

MartinC

New shiny shiny arrived today.    ;) ;)

Martin

Treboeth

Very nice [emoji3]

Rockingdad

Cool build thread.
I watched this yesterday on youtube if anyone is brave enough.... proper keyless!
 m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUuIhog ... AutoDIYGuy m
2005 1E7 Silver with some mods.
MR2 How to vids and other cool content here:
www.youtube.com/Daddiaries

Jacobsprky

that looks and shiny!
01 Silver PFL

MartinC

Spot the difference.    :) :) :)
Martin

Jacobsprky

looking good
01 Silver PFL

MartinC

OK, so I haven't been on here for a while.  My Roadster has been off the road for about a year, mainly due to some health issues of mine.  Today I went to my lockup and hooked up a new battery, and she started on the first turn of the key.  I forgot just how sweet the cobra exhaust sounds.

Going to get her in for an MOT next week, to see what's needed.  I suspect the rear brakes are going to need some attention again, as even though they were fixed at the last MOT, the hand brake seemed to stop working on one side within a month or so.  Looking forward to getting to work on her and putting in some sunny miles, when the weather cheers up.   :) :) :)
Martin

delhusband

Good luck with MOT, and enjoy sunny motoring  :) :) :)
Hate pointy animals

MartinC

I've just been through my build thread, changing all the images to a new image hosting provider, seeing as Photobucket seem to not allow free image hosting anymore.  How very public spirited of them.  :D
Martin

MartynC

Really enjoyed reading through your build thread, the car looks great, you've obviously spent a lot of time and effort on it.
Just the motovation I need to start on my new purchase.
Hope your now well and that the car passes the mot so you can start enjoying it again.
From a fellow MartynC 😀

MartinC

Thanks Martyn.  I'm getting better, got an operation in a couple of weeks, which will hopefully sort me out.
I picked the car up from my lock up today.  Gave it a service and she seems to be running quite sweetly, so fingers crossed.  She's going in Tuesday.  :)
Martin

MartinC

MOT done.  New front discs and pads a bulb, and a bit of handbrake adjustment.  Now to put some miles on her. [emoji4]
Martin

MartinC

A couple of months ago I decided to remove the Cobra Quad.  Just a bit too loud for me.  Currently the standard one is back on, but I'm on the look out for a TTE.

Everything is at a stand still at the moment though, as I have just had heart bypass surgery, and I'm on a 12 week recovery.  No lifting anything heavier that 1kg for 6 weeks, and then going steady until week 12.  :(

Look out for updates soon.
Martin

deviantmr-s

Quote from: MartinC on July  9, 2018, 11:37
A couple of months ago I decided to remove the Cobra Quad.  Just a bit too loud for me.  Currently the standard one is back on, but I'm on the look out for a TTE.

Everything is at a stand still at the moment though, as I have just had heart bypass surgery, and I'm on a 12 week recovery.  No lifting anything heavier that 1kg for 6 weeks, and then going steady until week 12.  :(

Look out for updates soon.

Enjoyed reading as I was looking to upgrade to a quad at some point (I like noise!)

I do hope your recovery is speedy and all goes well so you can get back to what you enjoy.
:D
I am an artist - the track is my canvas, my car is my brush - 2003 2zz Island Green Supercharged

delhusband

All the best with the recovery. Take it easy. Doctors orders: lazy sunny lidless drives  :)
Hate pointy animals

Tags: