sable or silver?

Started by angryman, August 29, 2017, 18:38

angryman

Just purchased a tte spoiler from mitch, in mint condition ( he threw in some after market speakers as well   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  ), intention is to get it professionally re-sprayed, im not doing it !!. ( omg) im just about acceptable with hammerite!!
my 2 is sable with a silver hard top, i like that combination , so im looking for some advice regarding colour , would it look better silver as the top and wheels? or would it look better sable and just keep the top and wheels silver? or do i have the top sprayed sable as well and do the whole thing?.  
any thoughts?.

Tomo70

Why have you got the hard top on ? Its summer
🚘Just a pass time to break the monotony

Treboeth

Sable, otherwise it`s going to look odd when you take the hardtop off.

Don`t tell anyone if you keep the hardtop on full time, it causes a meltdown   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

puma2

i would go stable if it was me  s:D :D s:D

angryman

stable is always best ! unfortunately not too common nowadys!

phaeton

Sable is Silver   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

shnazzle

Naughty naughty man
...neutiquam erro.

angryman

Im going with sable !, i know mr shnazzle has a sable with same kit fitted and it looks mint!
its going in on wed next week for a respray and fitted.
i still may go for a hard top sable respray.
see how it works.
im sure it will be fine.
you could chuck a bucket of horse  sshit shit sshit  on one of these cars and it would still look cool !!

angryman

sorry mods!

shnazzle

HAD a sable with one fitted  s:) :) s:)
I'm now spoiler-less in the night while I wait for my jdm ducktail funds to appear magically
...neutiquam erro.

pauls0212

sable all day and get your hardtop done as well..... silver just looks wrong
red 2003 standard so far

phaeton

Quote from: "pauls0212"silver just looks wrong
But Sable IS Silver or you could be disingenuous & say it's Grey??

angryman

Paul
You are correct of course and ill probably get them both done.
rgds

alancsalt

Just a thought. The V Edition Final had a different silver as a contrast on vents and on rear grille inserts.

[attachment=2:24ge0qoe] ia2 FinalV2.jpg ia2 [/attachment:24ge0qoe]

What if you had silver top, vents, rear inserts and wing?

[attachment=1:24ge0qoe] ia1 0401387A30161113W00308.jpg ia1 [/attachment:24ge0qoe]

You can see in this one the silver used in the Final V - darker than Silver Mica, lighter than Sable. Not suggesting you use that shade, just the option of the contrast /highlight idea.

[attachment=0:24ge0qoe] ia0 34dh3l0.jpg ia0 [/attachment:24ge0qoe]
Toyota MR2 Spyder, November 2002, Engineer approved 2001 Celica 2ZZ motor and C60 trans, MWR Carbon lined synchro set, SMT to Manual conversion, PPE headers,Fabricated Cat/Exhaust, Power FC ECU

Bossworld

If it helps your decision, here's a pic of my Sable when it had the HT

angryman

Dear mr bossworld.
Thanks so much for the stunning pics, that is exactly what i have planned.
Just returned home from body shop / sprayer people!! and car is booked in for 25th for spraying and fitting of spoiler and spraying of hard top all in same colour (sable) .
rgds'

phaeton

Isn't that spoiler on backwards?

alancsalt

TTE spoiler
Toyota MR2 Spyder, November 2002, Engineer approved 2001 Celica 2ZZ motor and C60 trans, MWR Carbon lined synchro set, SMT to Manual conversion, PPE headers,Fabricated Cat/Exhaust, Power FC ECU

shnazzle

Sable is by far the best looking with hardtop in body color. And also the best colour for a TTE spoiler (blue also works well).

So, my vote is to go all sable. Besides, spraying the hard top sable increases its value as well as they're rocking horse poo
...neutiquam erro.

angryman

Sable it is . was going in on wed for spoiler re-spray but now ive added the ht as well he cant do it until 25th, still no problem,
it will be worth the wait im sure,looking at the pics from bossworld and with red seats and calipers im quite excited!!
( not often that happens nowadays !! cough).

angryman

Just further to this , with ref to alancsalt pics, how would ir look with all sable as planned and silver vents ?

Bossworld

Quote from: "angryman"Sable it is . was going in on wed for spoiler re-spray but now ive added the ht as well he cant do it until 25th, still no problem,
it will be worth the wait I'm sure,looking at the pics from bossworld and with red seats and calipers I'm quite excited!!
( not often that happens nowadays !! cough).

My car lives in a garage 90% of the time so the hard top was wasted on me, and I needed the cash for a new subframe. But digging out that first pic is a reminder of how good these cars can look with one.

I have to say I'm partial to the TTE spoiler, didn't mind ditching the TTE style bar but wanted something that still offset the side and rear profile of the car

Tags: