Rhon's Handbrake Gaiter

Started by Justin.D, September 1, 2017, 12:17

Justin.D

I've just had a few bits done by Rhon. I'm struggling with the handbrake gaiter.

I've attached it with a cable tie inside, unfurled the outside in, and pushed the leather ends into the centre console. There seems a lot of leather loose where I would normally hold the handbrake to apply/release it

Has anyone else had one done? How did you attach it? Any pics?

Pic of mine when I work out how to get it off my phone and resized
Click for my Readers Ride

Justin.D

Pic attached

Fin

If I had to guess, I'd say that needs pulling down about another 3 or 4 inches.
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I\'m grinning, grinning ear to ear!

Topdownman

Could it be designed to fit around the base of the handbrake?

Not the best picture but you can see the flat ledge at the bottom.

You may have to take the console off to fit it properly.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Fin

That's what I was thinking. Mine is not a Rhon, but it's designed to fit right to the back of the lever. I assume a Rhon cover would be about the same?

Justin.D

Quote from: "Fin"If I had to guess, I'd say that needs pulling down about another 3 or 4 inches.
Quote from: "Fin"That's what I was thinking. Mine is not a Rhon, but it's designed to fit right to the back of the lever. I assume a Rhon cover would be about the same?
Do you have a pic of yours fitted? Do you still grip the lever with the original rubber part, with the gaiter behind your fingers? I think I'm just having a complete non understanding moment

Fin

I haven't got any pics of mine, but it fits all the way from the release button to the back of the lever inside the centre console.

Justin.D

OK, Thanks. I'll have another go at it tomorrow.

Topdownman

Just spotted a nice photo of the centre console out halfway down rich_p's thread;

l viewtopic.php?f=88&t=63523 l
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Justin.D

Quote from: "Topdownman"Just spotted a nice photo of the centre console out halfway down rich_p's thread;

l viewtopic.php?f=88&t=63523 l
Thanks TDM. I briefly spoke to Rhon (She is on her holidays currently). I had the console out when I fitted it (so I could fit Rhon's gear gaiter - which is awesome)

Working all day today, I'll have another proper look tomorrow

Tags: