Instruments illumination

Started by Roverv8, September 7, 2017, 20:42

Roverv8

How do all
With me having the car less than a week can someone tell me if any of the switch's have illumination
As the fog light switch lights up when turned on but that's about it, with driving the car in the dark I cannot see
Which switch is the fog lights ???
Thanks

spit

The switches by your knees don't have illumination as standard.

Some sort of illumination to confirm that the rear foglight is on is a MOT requirement - most JDM imports are converted by strapping on a foglight and adding a lighty-up switch.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

2 of the left

Rear fogs on/off switch on the inner part of the left control arm Only active with headlights on ( a light will illuminate in binnacle ) -Front fogs active when making the push switch, right hand side of dash - parking/side lights active and also headlights on ( Facelift ) The dash switch will burn green when front fogs are active
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Roverv8

Thanks for that gents
It gets dark down them country lanes yes the front fogs switch lights up green when on but you would
think the icon on the switch would glow when you're side lights are on so you can see it's a fog light switch
As does the driver's window switch

2 of the left

Us 2 drivers drive employing Braille !!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

FuZZy_gr

I m in the quest of adding some light to the darkness that covers our interriors when the night falls   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:   and I found out that door lock-unlock has illumination but it has not current as the plug that comes from the car has 3 wires but the switch has 5. I ll find a way to add those 2 wires missing and the switch will be illuminated. Switch has the bulb installed in too...strange.

Roverv8

Quote from: "FuZZy_gr"I m in the quest of adding some light to the darkness that covers our interriors when the night falls   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:   and I found out that door lock-unlock has illumination but it has not current as the plug that comes from the car has 3 wires but the switch has 5. I ll find a way to add those 2 wires missing and the switch will be illuminated. Switch has the bulb installed in too...strange.
V
Sorry mate only just read this how did you get on ??
 I'm off tomorrow I'LL have a look too

Tags: