DLR's to fit front spoiler.

Started by kwnelson, September 17, 2017, 21:42

kwnelson

Going to fit DLR's, feel they are a great safety feature.  Apart from the cigar lighter,  is there any other ignition controlled power under the front bonnet? I know the legal confines, height, width from Left and Right, etc , just want to get on with it!
Silver FL 2004 bog standard with TTE,.   H/T On    S/T Perfect

Call the midlife!

There's a blue (and white?) wire that feeds the wiper motor, I piggybacked off there for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

kwnelson

Thanks for that midlife,  I may change my moniker to endlife!  I intend investigating the underbonnet fusebox, if that's a NO GO, I will follow suite.

kwnelson

Thanks to Midlife,  explored the under bonnet fuse box and could not source a spare live ignition point!    So I joined onto the blue and white wiper feed and earthed it  at the top of the suspension strut, DLR's work a treat and look fantastic mounted vertically each end,  inside  the radiator grill.   [within 400mm of each side and higher than 250mm from the ground so as to conform with the regulations].

2 of the left

I got my DLR's fitted into fog lamp positions - they burn as the engine starts and also burn with parking lights switched on - When switching to Dipped/ Main Beam - DRL's shut down but if you need the fogs - When wired correctly - You can switch the fogs on from the dash ( On a face Lift )  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  This time of year It is normally best to drive with DRL's up front plus Parking lights so that the reds at the rear are burning, especially early Evening!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

kwnelson

Here's one for you!  Anyone out there fitted a rear wiper to a hard top?   Better still complete with electric washer?

kwnelson

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  Well,  with nil response to my cry for information regarding fitting a rear wiper and washer to my hardtop!   I went ahead, having put loads of though into the project, I bought  a used rear wiper, [Citroen C3] to be mounted inside the top of the  window under head lining.    Took the rear wiper off my Qashqai 2ltr Ntec DCI.   1.  to see/check location,  and 2. to see if it would fit the Citroen spindle.   So far so good.   I have ordered a wiper arm and blade from CH, [delivery 6Jan18-6Mar18] and washer kit,[coming sooner] the latter is to be mounted in the engine compartment and will squirt from the engine cover.   The the wiper switch  will be mounted in  the a/c blank,   still debating where to locate the washer button?     Also, need to put some thought into how to have the means to disconnect the power when [if ever] the HT is removed. Roll on better weather so I can  get started.

SteveJ

Quote from: "kwnelson":bounce:   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  Well,  with nil response to my cry for information regarding fitting a rear wiper and washer to my hardtop!   I went ahead, having put loads of though into the project, I bought  a used rear wiper, [Citroen C3] to be mounted inside the top of the  window under head lining.    Took the rear wiper off my Qashqai 2ltr Ntec DCI.   1.  to see/check location,  and 2. to see if it would fit the Citroen spindle.   So far so good.   I have ordered a wiper arm and blade from CH, [delivery 6Jan18-6Mar18] and washer kit,[coming sooner] the latter is to be mounted in the engine compartment and will squirt from the engine cover.   The the wiper switch  will be mounted in  the a/c blank,   still debating where to locate the washer button?     Also, need to put some thought into how to have the means to disconnect the power when [if ever] the HT is removed. Roll on better weather so I can  get started.

A word of caution - the A/C blank actually has the switch fitted behind it (on the circuit board) and is connected to the ECU so there is no room to fit an additional switch.

kwnelson

SteveJ,      Didn't try the a/c blank after your warning!     Instead will use the blank [oblong/vertical]  to the left alongside  the steering column,   checked and the rear is absolutely clear of  any obstruction,   [what is the function of funny switch to the left of this blank in a similar shaped oblong blank?   twin w/b cable lead].    I intend fitting  both wiper and washer switches in this area.  Shows how  long this  is going on,   the wiper arm and blade have arrived from CH!     Still waiting for better weather.

Tags: