Show me your retrimed Toyota Steering Wheel

Started by Bodgeroo, October 7, 2017, 09:51

Bodgeroo

Thinking of padding mine out a bit and making it a bit more sporty but want to keep the airbag. Anyone had this done on here? I have had a great one done in the past by a company in Wigan who I may use again.

shnazzle

Tom (Tomo70) and I both sport wheels retrimmed by Simon at Hide'n'Seat in Durham. He can do by post as well.
But, just standard wheels. No extra padding or anything.
Mine's more fancy, Tom's is more sporty. Both look amazing.
...neutiquam erro.

rich_p

I'll need to dig up a pic,
I've also a Mondo wheel in my Celica, it's pretty subtle with black leather, grey stitching and an extra perforated section at the bottom to tie in with the airbag.

I've seen him make them with extra padding for some of the Celica lot.

Mondo

Here's a few that I have done over the years  s:) :) s:)

Celica Gen 7 - black leather, black Alcantara, red stitching:

Celica Gen 7 - black leather, yellow Alcantara, yellow stitching, embroidered and retrimmed airbag:

Celica Gen 5 - grey leather (solid and perforated), grey stitching, wheel reprofiled, centre pad trimmed:

MR2 Roadster - black and silver grey leather, silver grey stitching:

MR2 Roadster - black and grey leather, red stitching, trimmed airbag:

MR2 Roadster - black leather (solid and perforated), red stitching:

Celica Gen 7 - black leather (solid and perforated), grey stitching, perforated sections to correspond with airbag position:

Yep, I've done a few Toyota wheels over the years...  s;) ;) s;)
[centre]Hide'N'Seat Auto Interiors - bespoke leatherwork and interior refurbishment, hand-crafted in County Durham[/centre]

[centre]Website    ]Facebook[/url][/centre]

s12vea

They all good great
Another one won't hurt  .....

JasonSparks

"MR2 Roadster - black and silver grey leather, silver grey stitching"

I think this is my interior, bought the 2 off a chap in Norfolk earlier this year

Mondo

Quote from: "JasonSparks""MR2 Roadster - black and silver grey leather, silver grey stitching"

I think this is my interior, bought the 2 off a chap in Norfolk earlier this year

He was certainly down that way. His name was Matthew.

Very surprised he's sold it!
[centre]Hide'N'Seat Auto Interiors - bespoke leatherwork and interior refurbishment, hand-crafted in County Durham[/centre]

vx220

Bit of a hijack...
If the wheel is stripped for the retrim, how much work (and £££) to reduce the diameter by two inches? Smaller wheel without losing the airbag?

Mondo

Quote from: "vx220"Bit of a hijack...
If the wheel is stripped for the retrim, how much work (and £££) to reduce the diameter by two inches? Smaller wheel without losing the airbag?

How much work? A lot!!

Basically, the old rim needs to be completely removed to the ends of the spokes. Then a new ring of the correct diameter needs to be welded into place. Then it needs a rubber sleeve. Then it needs trimming.

There's no way on earth it'd be cost-effective!

vx220

Quote from: "Mondo"
Quote from: "vx220"Bit of a hijack...

How much work? A lot!!

Basically, the old rim needs to be completely removed to the ends of the spokes. Then a new ring of the correct diameter needs to be welded into place. Then it needs a rubber sleeve. Then it needs trimming.

There's no way on earth it'd be cost-effective!

Think about how people on here pay £800+ for coilovers etc, and it might!? Want to give me a rough idea?

JasonSparks

Quote from: "Mondo"
Quote from: "JasonSparks""MR2 Roadster - black and silver grey leather, silver grey stitching"

He was certainly down that way. His name was Matthew.

Very surprised he's sold it!

Yes, that's the guy I bought it from, great condition car, i think he's was going down the VW van/tourer route next.

Tags: