Filling the stereo hole

Started by steveash, November 15, 2017, 20:47

steveash

As it is a weekend fun car, I don't use the stereo in my Two so have decided to remove it and the speakers to save a few grams. The problem now is what to put in its place. I currently have a single din unit with a little shelf underneath. So, do I just get a plastic blanking plate or is there a more creative use of the space?

JoeCool

Gauges?

Look up an Apexi DIN3 and then wish you hadn't (the price of the thing!!!)
2ZZ '02 Roadster

m1tch

I have removed everything and am just plugging in the 12v socket on its own to one side (for sat nav etc).

steveash

Quote from: "JoeCool"Gauges?

Look up an Apexi DIN3 and then wish you hadn't (the price of the thing!!!)

Yes, I have been wondering about gauges. The DIN3 is well over my budget and I would also prefer something that looks a bit more analogue. I'm wondering about 2 or 3 white-faced dials that would sit directly underneath. Oil Temp, Pressure and Volts maybe? Or perhaps a clock and remove the digital clock from the dashboard?

Removing everything is also an option but I expect the whole left behind might look a bit of a mess and need some serious trimming to tidy up.

JoeCool

I've just bought 2 Stack gauges. They have the same white face/red needle/black text as the stock gauges. Sadly I need to keep my double din Sat Nav and Stereo, and I also want to have the gauges a bit more at eye-line, so I think they're going in the middle centre of the dash, above the centre air vents. IN a pod....

BEtter suggestions welcome!!
2ZZ '02 Roadster

Tags: