Which seats and why?

Started by MrT, January 4, 2018, 10:23

MrT

Hello forum.

This is a rather subjective question, but I'm asking which seats would/did you fit to your car and why? I'm referring to the likes of Celica or S2000 seats which pretty much just bolt in vs the effort of fitting alternative seats or just keeping your MR2 seats. I'm a big chap and if I could squeeze a bit more space into my driving position I'd be pleased but I'd also like a bit more support from the seat. I am conscious that the big shoulders on the S2000 seats might affect rear visibility also, which matters to e as I use a hardtop all the time so I would appreciate any feedback on visibility also.

Please post a brief description of why YOU chose your different seats and briefly what was involved in fitting them. If you have a picture that would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Tyler

RIPieces: Sable \'05 Roadster \'Red\' edition.
Project: MR-S import (JDM) now my toy and mule for:
SC build OR a 2AR-FXE swap (ref: Frankenstein Motorworks) OR Electric conversion
AND rebody with a fibreglass replica of Porsche 550 Spyder.

paulj

Tyler

There is a how to on the site showing how to swap out normal seats for celica Seats.  I'm sure I have read that They are a bit plumper than the normal ones so could make your seated position a bit higher - perhaps an issue for a big chap especially with a roof on.
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

Essex2Visuvesi

We're going for S2000 seats as the fitting is quite straightforward and the seats are comfy. I think the other stu posted some pics on how to do it
Aftermarket seats really need a subframe kit and these aren't cheap

Carolyn

Stu is a big bloke and he fits them very well.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

MR TWO

I changed my seats because the coilovers made the ride a little too harsh for OEM seats.  I have Porker seats now which are perfect if you are not too tall as they are certainly higher than the standard ones. They are really comfortable and subsequently I have stiffened the coilovers even more without the ride becomming harsh!
[attachment=0:q3b3gi8n] ia0 seats.jpg ia0 [/attachment:q3b3gi8n]
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

inside

I've installed s2000 seats this year and love them.

Great mix of sportiness, comfort and look. Big improvement over stock, I even find them comfier. Easy install and fit great.

[attachment=0:o9pq2wkb] ia0 2017-04-03 11.40.53 copy.jpg ia0 [/attachment:o9pq2wkb]

MrT

Thanks folks. I can't find a how to fit Celica seats. I'm also keen to know your experience and view of having the particular seats you chose as much as how to fit them
 I know now how these 2 fit.

cheers

Tyler
Cheers
Tyler

RIPieces: Sable \'05 Roadster \'Red\' edition.
Project: MR-S import (JDM) now my toy and mule for:
SC build OR a 2AR-FXE swap (ref: Frankenstein Motorworks) OR Electric conversion
AND rebody with a fibreglass replica of Porsche 550 Spyder.

shnazzle

Quote from: "MrT"Thanks folks. I can't find a how to fit Celica seats. I'm also keen to know your experience and view of having the particular seats you chose as much as how to fit them
 I know now how these 2 fit.

cheers

Tyler
http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=60008

I wasn't a fan of them to be honest.
To be fair mine weren't in A-grade state so that might have made a difference but all in all I wasn't impressed and I put the stock seats back in.
They also seemed very heavy compared to stock.

Plus sides are that they're easy to swap onto stock rails and fit and they did seem to give the shoulder area more support.
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: