Foxy's rear light condensation.

Started by Chilli Girl, January 13, 2018, 14:29

Chilli Girl

I'm sure this has been mentioned before many times. Some of you have drilled holes to help this problem.  Can anyone point me to a "How to guide".  With all the very moist weather we've been experiencing, Foxy's behind needs a little tlc  s:D :D s:D   Thanks,
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

smarty72

I cured this by;

removing the light unit;

carefully removing the plastic lens;

cleaning out all the condensation;

Removing the rubber bead / seal that runs all the way round;

Cleaning the rubber seal and the channel it sits in;

Carefully reassembling with a small amount of silicone sealant on both sides of the rubber seal.

The rubber seal on mine had green stuff growing in it which meant moisture could then pass through.  I did this around May and they have been totally dry since.

I didn't take any pictures, but it's a fairly simple and logical process to follow.

Personally, I wouldn't drill holes anywhere as it isn't necessary and could lead to further problems.
current: Astral Black FL

Ex: Forest Green 2003.

Chilli Girl

Thank you, I'm not sure I would be very good with a drill anyway  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I'll wait for the warmer weather and give this a go, thanks.  s:D :D s:D
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Tags: