Nankang: NS-2R

Started by bigjeff5591, January 13, 2018, 15:25

bigjeff5591

I'm looking for the best budget tyres (aren't we all ?)  - car is a standard PFL used as a weekend toy and hopefully ocasional track days, anyone used the Nankang: NS-2R ?

Carolyn

I've been running Nankang NS20s for two years now.  A bit more tread, but still quite sporty to drive.

Good tyres.  My buddy who runs a very professional garage considers them 'Premium' tyres.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

LeoD

Quote from: "bigjeff5591"I'm looking for the best budget tyres (aren't we all ?)  - car is a standard PFL used as a weekend toy and hopefully ocasional track days, anyone used the Nankang: NS-2R ?

Yes. Running them for a few months now. They are louder than a standard road tyre and stiff sidewall makes the ride firmer. On the road they are good both wet and dry (except when first fitted - zero grip)

On the track they are very good. I have done four track days on these and very little wear on the edges. Takes a little time to get them up to temp, but one there they are very gooD. One negative is they are snappy, tail out happens very quickly.

Unlike standard road tyres which go off after 4/5 laps you can bash on with these.

Highly recommend them for the money.

Tags: