Full geometry setup

Started by Essex2Visuvesi, February 2, 2018, 21:37

Essex2Visuvesi

HI Guys & Girls

Car is going for a full geometry setup now its been fitted with adjustable rear arms and camber bolts etc
Does anyone have a good full geometry setup for the PFL MR-S for fast road use?

Seems pointless going for the stock settings after spending all that money on upgrades

Topdownman

Ardent posted his set up the other day(was it on the temporary forum?)  if you can find it!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Ardent

it was on the temp forum and the one before this.

Are the techs/mechs doing the geo, up to it?

Where re you having it done?

Essex2Visuvesi

Local place near me, have a good reputation on some other forums.
When I booked it in was asked if I wanted factory or they can do it to my personal settings

delhusband

Quote from: Ardent on February  2, 2018, 23:35
it was on the temp forum and the one before this.

Are the techs/mechs doing the geo, up to it?

Where re you having it done?
Just had a look on my phone to see if I'd downloaded it but no joy. 
Hate pointy animals

delhusband

E2V just pmd you. I didnt get a printout today, but I'll maybe get a printout on wed
Hate pointy animals

Essex2Visuvesi

Quote from: delhusband on February  3, 2018, 20:29
E2V just pmd you. I didnt get a printout today, but I'll maybe get a printout on wed
Cheers Buddy :)

s12vea

Who is doing the work? 

Last time I had full geo with coil overs fitted, I used supertyres in maldon. Not sure if they are still around as they would be local to you. 

The drive home was like night and day
Another one won't hurt  .....

Essex2Visuvesi

Tyresmart in Witham
They do quite a few race cars and they have a good reputation in the area

s12vea

I know of two people that have used them and they also rate them highly. Look forward to hearing your results.
Another one won't hurt  .....

Ardent

Sorry bit late to the party on this one.

But T'da

Ardent

Holy moly

Just looking at that myself. Only a few months off being 2 years since done.
Would think a check over is in order.

str160

I've just had my geo done after I installed full polybushes and new Tein springs.
I also installed Eibach front camber bolts.

My toe settings are factory spec, camber are=  -2.3 front, -1.5 rear degrees.

Will see how this goes regarding tyre wear and handling.

BahnStormer

If anybody else is fishing for these - I'll be getting whatever WIM/Blackboots' geometry guy (Tony Bones) recommends for fast road use in a few weeks and I'll ask for a screen print of that.
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Nvy

Quote from: BahnStormer on July 10, 2018, 14:49
If anybody else is fishing for these - I'll be getting whatever WIM/Blackboots' geometry guy (Tony Bones) recommends for fast road use in a few weeks and I'll ask for a screen print of that.

It should be awesome to have a nice setup so we can do similar to our cars.

BahnStormer

I'll go for whatever "fast road" setup is recommended on mine, but it will be interesting to see the difference between @Ardent's and mine...

Quote from: Ardent on February  4, 2018, 22:04
Sorry bit late to the party on this one.

But T'da

Mine will be for FL though, so not quite what the OP was asking for... and you'll have to wait until the 28th July...
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Ardent

Keep us posted.
Would be good to see what (if) any diff.
Given the fractions they work in and no 2 cars being yhe same.....

BahnStormer

Here's the stock/OEM geometry...

BahnStormer

...and here's mine setup - apparently fairly close to the ideal "fast road config" - apparently the Eibach EZ Cam adjusters were at their limits, so TB couldn't dial in any more rear camber, so had to set the front up slightly less aggressively that he was originally intending...

...and before anybody comments - yes, the asymmetry is intentional - to allow for UK road camber  - apparently this type of asymmetry is fairly common with a lot of high end road-focussed sports cars and incorporated into the fast road setup.

Ardent

Just compared the numbers. Fractions of difference everywhere.
But as we know no 2 cars are the same.

The numbers aside, more importantly, what do you  think to the handling now?
How does it compare before and aft?

BahnStormer

Quote from: Ardent on July 28, 2018, 22:19
Just compared the numbers. Fractions of difference everywhere.
But as we know no 2 cars are the same.

The numbers aside, more importantly, what do you  think to the handling now?
How does it compare before and aft?

Honestly - not had a proper chance to compare - I was trundling back in crawling traffic down the M40, M25, M4.... not traditionally well known places to check gokart agility... and for good reason. Even the onramps were 20mph territory.

There were a couple of roundabouts and the front definitely feels a bit more keen to tuck into corners and then change direction again, but I was driving the car at two tenths, so hardly going to be able to tell.

New brakes on today and then I'll be taking it fairly easy for the next couple of weeks...

Ardent

lamcote

Just been reading various things about suspension setup. Apparently Michelin reckon that anything over 1.5 degrees of negative camber starts to reduce grip with most tyres apart from very sticky track orientated ones which are specifically designed to benefit from more camber. Presumably that's due to excessive wear from the camber angle?
Silver 2004 MR2 -  Unmodified but very shiny.

shnazzle

Quote from: lamcote on July 30, 2018, 22:35
Just been reading various things about suspension setup. Apparently Michelin reckon that anything over 1.5 degrees of negative camber starts to reduce grip with most tyres apart from very sticky track orientated ones which are specifically designed to benefit from more camber. Presumably that's due to excessive wear from the camber angle?
I wonder if @tommyzoom99 agrees with that :)
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: