Flash/pass headlight function

Started by MrT, February 13, 2018, 12:17

MrT

Hello folks
The 2 as standard activates dip & high beam together. I have hid dip beams in the projectors and this has tried my power supply. I tried modding a stalk to remove the dip beam from the pass/flash trigger but it didn't work.

Has anybody heard of or done a mod like this please?

On the top of the stalk under the clear panel is the arms that snap up and down when you pull the stalk to the pass position. I simply cut off the dip beam arm that activates at this point. I might have had a dodgy stalk but the lights then didn't work... Rest of stalk was ok.

Anyone got a wiring diagram image for this stalk?

Thanks
Cheers
Tyler

RIPieces: Sable \'05 Roadster \'Red\' edition.
Project: MR-S import (JDM) now my toy and mule for:
SC build OR a 2AR-FXE swap (ref: Frankenstein Motorworks) OR Electric conversion
AND rebody with a fibreglass replica of Porsche 550 Spyder.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: MrT on February 13, 2018, 12:17
Hello folks
The 2 as standard activates dip & high beam together. I have hid dip beams in the projectors and this has tried my power supply. I tried modding a stalk to remove the dip beam from the pass/flash trigger but it didn't work.

Has anybody heard of or done a mod like this please?

On the top of the stalk under the clear panel is the arms that snap up and down when you pull the stalk to the pass position. I simply cut off the dip beam arm that activates at this point. I might have had a dodgy stalk but the lights then didn't work... Rest of stalk was ok.

Anyone got a wiring diagram image for this stalk?

Thanks
I can't help you with a wiring diagram but if the recently proposed MOT changes come into force you'll have to remove the HIDs anyway, technically, so  that'll remove the problem with the "tried power supply"...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

Tags: