Seat options

Started by m1tch, February 23, 2018, 12:25

m1tch

Hi all,

I have some modded seat rails that will accept aftermarket seats (as well as some side mounts) as I am looking to bolt in a lightweight race seat, its worth noting the following however:

Car will be road driven and probably the daily drive during the summer
Car will have a roll hoop fitted at some point - still deciding if I want to go with a full cage

I have started to look around at a few options and I think I might be going with 2 setups (considering its just 4 bolts per seat):

Road trim - daily drive - comfort bias

Stock seatbelts
Celica seats on stock rails
Both driver and passenger seats

Race trim - only on the road to and from the track - performance bias

Harness
Lightweight race seat on modded rails
Driver seat only

What do people suggest for the race seat - this can be as supportive as it needs to be as it would only be bolted in when going to the track, so some road use but not in terms of long distance.

Thinking about running a roll hoop with provisions for a harness bar as well as points for a stock seatbelt - would use the stock seatbelts on the road, driver side harness on track.

HFB

Going down the same path.......

Chosen the trackday set up route.

Cobra race seat (did a 4 hr drive to Hull and was comfy enough), smaller sector wheel and currently having a half cage fitted (decided to have welded for more rigidity/strength, but can be a removable, bolted option).

I have also decided to keep the drivers seatbelt for road usage.

Will attach more pice next weekend hopefully once picked back up from Hull.

Chap called Steve Norris or Magellian Motorsports is doing it all for me, come recommended from several other MR2 members (Facebook) 2 or 3 that race/track them.

HFB

2000 Roadster
Silver (Blue go faster stripe)
2ZZ, Miester Zeta CRD+ Coilovers, Megillian Custom Exhaust & Underbody Brace and 1/2 cage (and working soft top), Patrick Chambers Enclosed air intake and oil cooler, badly re-furbed alloys :D

m1tch

Thanks for that, yeah I am in contact with him with regards to a roll hoop but still having brackets for stock belts etc - what model are those cobra seats?

Tags: