hq114- The lesser spotted TRD Exhaust

Started by hq114, February 23, 2018, 15:28

hq114

Here is my 2005 MR2 with leather, air-con and sub 50k on the clock. It is my only car, and as such gets used for everything. So as well as the obligatory B road blasting and Autotests, it does the food shop and motorway journeys, all year round. Maybe I paid over the odds for it, but it hasn't put a foot wrong. Starts first time, every time. No matter how wet and miserably cold it is.

Until yesterday evening, my car was completely standard. I got hold of a TRD exhaust from a forum member (thanks Miles!) and fitted it on my driveway with help from my friends. It sounds incredible, the standard single exit never did justice to the way the car makes you feel when you boot it. As I understand it, there's not much internet literature on this exhaust bar what was found on the original Private Sales topic. I'll upload a few pictures now, with the intention of uploading more later.

hq114

Back of the car before the TRD Exhaust

hq114

The exhaust along with a Toyosport manifold that went on the car

hq114

Sorry about the one picture per post. The maximum file size keeps stinging me!

delhusband

Looks immaculate, nice! See you've got the leather seats.
Hate pointy animals

StuC

Great stuff, thanks for sticking to your word.

Any chance of one from the back a little further back, whole bumper kind of shot. That'll make for nice reference material IF another ones comes up for sale.
Lovin' the thread title btw.

Car looks concourse condition!   :D :D :D :D
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

hq114

Thanks guys, you're all very kind. The first few photos are from when it was at its cleanest. You should see it now after a week's worth of gritting lorries :(

I'll get some better photos of the exhaust on at some point. It doesn't look at all out of place with standard bumper. Still makes me jump when I turn the key. If you find one, snap it up.

hq114

Got some before and after photos now. As you can see, it doesn't hang too much lower. I've been over some nasty speed bumps, and I have yet to scrape anything.

Tags: