New Buyer

Started by Anonymous, May 15, 2009, 23:08

Anonymous

hey guys im looking for some advice in what to look for and what year is best to get and how well the run with a few miles on the clock because all the ones i can find have like 40,000 miles on the clock and help would be great

cheers

ChrisGB

Quote from: "vinny1987"hey guys Im looking for some advice in what to look for and what year is best to get and how well the run with a few miles on the clock because all the ones i can find have like 40,000 miles on the clock and help would be great

cheers

Mine is still running sweet with 55,000 on the clock and at least two members posted in the last couple of days that they are running well at 94,000 miles (one with a turbo fitted for much of its life). I would go for the 2003 onward model with the facelift lights, six speed box gearbox and modified pistons that are less likely to suffer from oval bore problems.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Anonymous

cheers chris erm do you know how much the would be costing as i dont wanna spend too much on a car that i can get cheaper because i love the mr2 i just couldnt aford the insurance when i passed my test but in a few month when i get my second year no claims iv got some good quotes so i really wanna get one now

ChrisGB

Quote from: "vinny1987"cheers chris erm do you know how much the would be costing as i dont wanna spend too much on a car that i can get cheaper because i love the mr2 i just couldnt aford the insurance when i passed my test but in a few month when i get my second year no claims iv got some good quotes so i really wanna get one now

Market is all over the place at the moment, but I would reckon on a facelift one coming in under £5500 if you shop around and haggle. Spend £7000 + and you will find a lot of very good cars out there.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Anonymous

ok cheers bud thanks for the help i just hope i cn get it lookin half as good as some of the ones ive seen on here with the body kits on they look sweet

Anonymous

chris at the thought of sounding stupid whats the diffrence btween the facelift and the pre

ChrisGB

Quote from: "vinny1987"chris at the thought of sounding stupid whats the diffrence btween the facelift and the pre

"I would go for the 2003 onward model with the facelift lights, six speed box gearbox and modified pistons that are less likely to suffer from oval bore problems."

You also get a slightly better braced bodyshell and 16" rear wheels with the 2003 model. My advice is do lots of reading of the stickies at the top of each forum section. Plus members cars come up for sale often here so check out vehicles for sale section.

All the info you need is here, take time to do your research.

Chris

Anonymous

cheers chris i will do that

nitro

if moneys tight get a pre face lift model  and add  braceing when you can afford it.
check precats have been removed and you have the correct tyre stagger on the rear.  s:) :) s:)

Tags: