high power 2zz swap by jaworjawor

Started by jaworjawor, May 22, 2015, 20:26

Jrichards20

Quote from: "jaworjawor"

THISSSS!!

This is exactly what I want to achieve with mine!! Removing the soft top, but keeping the seatbelts. And felting the back to make it look neat and tidy! I'm not interested in a harness bar, but a bar in the same that I could attached a net to, so I could put things behind it would be perfect.

Please give some more details about how you did all of this  s:) :) s:)   s:) :) s:)   s:) :) s:)  

How did you manage to keep the seat belts? And how did you manage to attach the bar? What material did you use to cover up the metal?

Absolutely spot on with that!
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

frootloops

Agreed, that looks really tidy. What's the latest on the arb's by the way?

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "Jrichards20"
Quote from: "jaworjawor"

THISSSS!!

This is exactly what I want to achieve with mine!! Removing the soft top, but keeping the seatbelts. And felting the back to make it look neat and tidy! I'm not interested in a harness bar, but a bar in the same that I could attached a net to, so I could put things behind it would be perfect.

Please give some more details about how you did all of this  s:) :) s:)   s:) :) s:)   s:) :) s:)  

How did you manage to keep the seat belts? And how did you manage to attach the bar? What material did you use to cover up the metal?

Absolutely spot on with that!

i have done exactly the same on my car,

basically cut the brackets for the seat belts / bar off the soft top, which is why he brought a ripped soft top, ( i just cut up my good soft top) re fit the brackets and bar back in the car

the car under the soft top has a felt carpet thing that covers all the metal anyway so just refit that put the bottom bins back in and done

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Jrichards20

Wonderful  s:) :) s:)  So that bar is already there, even better! My roof is buggered, so once I have some money to buy a hardtop and fitting kit this is on my to do list  s:) :) s:)
Street Triple 765 RS

jaworjawor

Had some fun last week during 4age.pl club meeting. It was cold and damp and my federals had no traction, but it was really much fun. Managed to do 125kms on track, emptied almost full tank of fuel and killed rear tires. The car run faultlessly all day, the engine didnt even take any oil.

one onboard, last run, very cold and wet and no tires at rear   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  more movies at my channel
 m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmWpiJv ... ture=share m

I think there is something wrong with the rear axle, so I ordered set of superpro

At front already have energy suspension set. Cant wait to install the superpros!

Paul1087

Nice driving,

These events look good fun.

What shifter is that you have? I looked through your thread but couldn't see any details on it?

J03

Beautiful car control bud!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
The Silver Shed - 2zz Rotrex ........  viewtopic.php?f=88&t=53969

Jrichards20

That slide at 1.30   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Seems very controllable the car, looks like its got a great set up! Or a fantastic driver  s:) :) s:)
Street Triple 765 RS

shnazzle

Some serious driving. And that noise at 7k+ rpm! Heavenly
...neutiquam erro.

jaworjawor

it is short shifter I made myself, the dimensions are the same as trd shifter. Nice way to save some dollars   s8) 8) s8)  I can show you how to modify oem shifter to be trd shifter   s:D :D s:D

shnazzle

Quote from: "jaworjawor"it is short shifter I made myself, the dimensions are the same as trd shifter. Nice way to save some dollars   s8) 8) s8)  I can show you how to modify oem shifter to be trd shifter   s:D :D s:D
Yes please!
Jawor you are my mr2 hero
...neutiquam erro.

JoeCool

I have similar plans with my soft top as it is ripped - WOuld it be possible to drift/remove the hinges for the roof to leave the Bar and Brackets all as one, without cutting anything? I haven't got my car with me now to check!
2ZZ '02 Roadster

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "JoeCool"I have similar plans with my soft top as it is ripped - WOuld it be possible to drift/remove the hinges for the roof to leave the Bar and Brackets all as one, without cutting anything? I haven't got my car with me now to check!

um no is the answer im afraid you have to cut the soft top frame up   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

jaworjawor

had some fun modyfing car last weekend. First I mounted supepro rear bushing set> Already have front bushings from energy suspension and love them, but I felt there was something wrong with rear axle. The originals bushings however looked really fine, but on inspection turned out the wheels were moving all sides few centimeters   s:? :? s:?  decided to buy full rear set from superpro. I managed to install them myself in garage, without lifting car up, just on stands. There are two bushings that are hard to remove, the ones in trailing arm. One bushing is in arm, the second is in axle carrier which is pita. You have to destroy/drill the rubber so the center steel sleeve goes out. Then you have to use steel saw to cut the outer, thin sleeve, then bend it and remove.
The bushings in other arms are easier, use cardboard knife to cut outside rubber, then use long bolt, nuts washers to make a tool to push bushings out, they come out easily. Installing new bushings is super easy, superpro fits perfectly and they send a lot of sticky grease for them. I also bought larger 18mm swaybar bushings for uprated swaybar.
the difference in ride is amazing, the car now feels stable on fast corners and going uphill/downhill on corners, where weight is moving front/rear, thats where the car was scary the most before. I highly recommend going all poly for cars with 100k kms or more on clock, mine is 160k kms.

Other things - I had to repair rear caliper as it sticked, I reassembled everything/ cleaned/greased and it is works fine now. I also repaired my winter wheels (oems facelift), the corroded a little so scrubed old lacqer and sprayed new, its temporary repair I will do full renovation on spring. I wasnt fully happy with my spray job so I plastidipped them black  s:) :) s:)

jaworjawor

ps: thisi s how to modify stock shifter to becmoe "trd" shifter    s:) :) s:)  

1. remove shifter

2. stock shifter

3. find vice, metal tube and big hammer. Use picture below and hit with hammer hard

4. new trd shifter!

shnazzle

hahaha!  That "TRD" shifter mod is brilliant!
Trust you jawor...always happy to just use brute force.

So far in this thread we've see angle grinders to engine blocks, drills with planing bits to ports, sledgehammers to gear levers, what else?
I bet you're the kind of person that would go sky-diving and take a running jump.
...neutiquam erro.

J03

Liking the shifter mod, very wallet friendly!   s:D :D s:D  

I did something similar with an ebay SS & had larger bushes made up to compensate. Extension on the top & the shift sits right next to the steering wheel   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

The Silver Shed - 2zz Rotrex ........  viewtopic.php?f=88&t=53969

1E7-ZZW30

Brilliant  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  must do!
nearly bought a TRD few months back.......

jaworjawor

I attented another great racing event. It was grand prix of my hometown Olsztyn, it is a rallysprint that is the last event in season so it is for the viewers and drivers too  s:) :) s:)  The fun factor is there is no class for professional drivers, the classes were divided only for 2wd up to 1.4, 2wd over 1.4 and 4wd. So it was great opportunity to test myself against some real pros and great machines. The preparations I did was cut tires deeper and obught new camera for onboards

There were 47 drivers, 15 of them professionals, 20 cars in my class. I finished 11 overall and 6th in class wchich im really pleased with. But could be muuch better if I hadnt troubles with gearbox at run 2  s:( :( s:(  lost about 6-7 seconds, had to stop to engage 1st gear.

m http://sport.wm.pl/323365,Staniszewski- ... z3utCSie1S m
 m http://www.olsztyn24.com/news/27103-zbi ... ztyna.html m
 m http://sport.egit.pl/galeria/365 m

some photos

general

class k-2

my movies:

-some montage, my run in the end
 m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfsl6p9NEYk m

-my 3 runs
 m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfVNb57oyW0 m
 m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBGusnbzZ1s m
 m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IO385QpmrI m

shnazzle

Haha nice! Did you remove the bumper on purpose or was it removed for you by the snow?  s:) :) s:)
...neutiquam erro.

Jrichards20

Only in Poland!  s:) :) s:)
Street Triple 765 RS

jaworjawor

the bumper went quite loose half the day so I took it off. At irst I was surprised that all the sti's and evo's were without rear bumper, then I understood why   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

that were the tires I used

jaworjawor

clip of ice fun last sunday  s:) :) s:)

m https://youtu.be/ArOzthUCgBg m

shnazzle

Mr Jawor. What oil pickup did you use? You mention an oversized one with a 6mm spacer. The spacer I can have made easily, but where'd you get the oversized pickup from that fits the 2zz?
Also, do you have AC?
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: