Raising the rear onto axle stands

Started by gazza1286, January 24, 2016, 12:30

gazza1286

Never been happy using the sills for axle stands when raising the rear of the car. Made these from some blocks lying around. The holes on the top coincide with the bolts on the sub frame and are 135mm on centre apart. The inboard top face planed to match the contour on the sub frame and the bottom notched for the jack-stand bracket. Very stable and no need to remove the nappy.

Tomo70

Quality, piece of 80/20 carpet as well. You spoil that car you do  s:D :D s:D    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
🚘Just a pass time to break the monotony

jinxedkitten

I have something very similar to these made by someone with better wood skills than me, although they don't have quite the tailoring on the top surface that yours do. Find them a great little asset, made from soft wood to allow them to compress a little to the shape of the underside of the car  s:) :) s:)
Custard Tart of the Urban Custard Collective<br />Yellow '00 - Frenzy style bar, TD Type LED spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Zero manifold, Markiii Pipe, Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Matt Brace, front brace.

locobuilder brian

Great idea & something iam going to adopt. What section timber did you use? Might have a look in scrap bin at work to make some out off oblong hollow steel.
Have allways been conserned about jacking on sill seam particularly after tyre fitters crushed the seams on the wifes puma leading to an early trip to the scrap yard two MOT's later.
Any updated/photos  Re your other post about seized rear caliper with hole in it?
Regards Bri e

Joesson

Quote from: "Tomo70"Quality, piece of 80/20 carpet as well. You spoil that car you do  s:D :D s:D    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

My 2 is on a sheet of vinyl flooring, ex kitchen floor,  and when it' s up on stands I use a piece of 80/ 20, woolly side down to slide about under the car.

gazza1286

This may assist - not me about the brakes though...

Rockingdad

This is brilliant. I need to put the car on stands to refurb the wheels so this is my next shed build.  has anyone any thoughts on something for the front?
2005 1E7 Silver with some mods.
MR2 How to vids and other cool content here:
www.youtube.com/Daddiaries

gazza1286

Funny you should mention - this is what I use.

l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=52440 l

The 'beam' neatly straddles the two front members making it nice and stable.

Rockingdad

You sir are a genius  s:) :) s:)  being a cheeky chap I don't suppose you have a plan for that as well?  s:) :) s:)   s:) :) s:)   s:) :) s:)
MR2 How to vids and other cool content here:
www.youtube.com/Daddiaries

JoeCool

Quote from: "Rockingdad"This is brilliant. I need to put the car on stands to refurb the wheels so this is my next shed build.  has anyone any thoughts on something for the front?
There's a semicircular imprint on the front undertray that's a jacking point, in the middle. IT's solid enough and the front is light enough that I'd just use that, with wheels under the sills or jack stands on the suspension pick ups for safety.
2ZZ '02 Roadster

gazza1286

I've updated the linked thread with this:-

Good luck in your shed...

shnazzle

Quote from: "gazza1286"I've updated the linked thread with this:-

Good luck in your shed...
Nice! Thanks for that
...neutiquam erro.

Rockingdad

What a gent! Many thanks  s:) :) s:)