fl front bumper removal

Started by nimrod, January 20, 2017, 08:55

nimrod

Are there any good threads with pictures, I have looked at some but unable to see pictures, I mainly want to see bolt that fixes the bumper to the wing and the lugs the secure bumper to wing, my headlights are starting to get condensation in them it does seem to clear though, and the light needs taking apart as the lens needs polishing inside, I wondering if I would be better off ordering another pair of lights, just incase something could go wrong, and finally how hard is it to reset the beam, it's not urgent but would like to sort this year as it lets the car down, thanks.

onion86

Here's one I did a few years ago. I'm not sure it's exactly what you're after but hopefully it's of use?

frontBumperMounting
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

AmeR

There's only one bolt bumper to wing, 4 up top (visible when you open the bonnet) and 5 underneath. There are some pics with arrow markers on Les' How To for Angel Eye Foglights.

Topdownman

Les' write up shows the direction of the bumper to wing bolt and his arrow is pretty much the angle it comes out at. Its a 10mm head but should have a crosshead on it too so a screwdriver may work and be easier to get in there. Once this is out you just pull the side of the bumper out from the car and it comes off the lugs.

I found the foglight wires very short and hard to unplug so I recommend having some switch cleaner spray within reach once you remove the bumper to help unplug them as you will have the bumper resting on your feet as the wires are too short to rest on the ground!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

nimrod

Quote from: "onion86"Here's one I did a few years ago. I'm not sure it's exactly what you're after but hopefully it's of use?

Not sure if it's my works computer or that I'm a dinosaur as there's a cross and next to it is image, I've right clicked to show picture but nothing happens, I will try on my home computer this weekend.

onion86

Quote from: "nimrod"
Quote from: "onion86"Here's one I did a few years ago. I'm not sure it's exactly what you're after but hopefully it's of use?

Not sure if it's my works computer or that I'm a dinosaur as there's a cross and next to it is image, I've right clicked to show picture but nothing happens, I will try on my home computer this weekend.
If you're on work machine photobucket is probably blocked, mine certainly is. That could be the case with the other photos you've found too if you can't see many.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

nimrod

Thanks Stu, the picture is fine on my home computer, it' a great help and will remove in the warmer weather as the headlights do need polishing inside the lens.

delhusband

Sorry to bump an old thread - but all the pictures in the links in this thread aren't available thanks to botophucket's unsustainable business model  s:) :) s:) .
Trying to replace my Fog lights, they're blown, lots of condensation inside.
I've removed the following stuff, but I don't seem to be quite there yet re: getting front bumper off.
bolt inside wheel arch (x2) - (bent back trim a little to access)
bolt at bottom of wheel arch (x2)
bolts under front lip (x5) (which also secure a rubber lip)
bolts on top in front of radiator (x4)
Removed frunk lid
Removed frunk cover
It's still stuck, and I'm wondering if I need to remove the headlights? Or am I just missing a bolt somewhere?
Cheers
Hate pointy animals

delhusband

Hate pointy animals

wotugonado

It's been a while since I had mine off, but iirc there are some clips on the wing where it meets the bumper close to the headlight that just unclip. Lift it up and outwards at that point, useful to have someone do the other side at the same time.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

delhusband

Bingo. Yup!  Pushed up from bottom and it popped. You're a star, thanks again  s:D :D s:D
Hate pointy animals

wotugonado

Result  s:) :) s:)
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Topdownman

Quote from: "wotugonado"It's been a while since I had mine off, but iirc there are some clips on the wing where it meets the bumper close to the headlight that just unclip. Lift it up and outwards at that point, useful to have someone do the other side at the same time.

That sounds right to me, you have to pull the rearmost edges of the bumper outwards as far out as possible to lift them off the support clips on either side once all the bolts and screws are out. The only other thing I can think of is to spray wd40 everywhere in case it is just mud/rust holding it on.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

delhusband

Quote from: "wotugonado"Result  s:) :) s:)
Quote from: "Topdownman"That sounds right to me, you have to pull the rearmost edges of the bumper outwards as far out as possible to lift them off the support clips on either side once all the bolts and screws are out

Thanks both, I got the bumper off but poor light stopped play. I'll get the fogs again, but at least I'll get the bumper off quicker next time.

Hate pointy animals

Topdownman

Glad you have got it sorted (before I had finished typing my post)!
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

delhusband

Mind you, you were right enough - it was filthy rusty at those clips, it took a bit of heaving - I should've used the WD40 after all!
Hate pointy animals

onion86

Nice write up. Fixed my pic too... put it on Flickr instead  s:D :D s:D

delhusband

Quote from: "onion86"Nice write up. Fixed my pic too... put it on Flickr instead  s:D :D s:D
Thanks  s:) :) s:)  that pic of yours is good, would've saved me taking the frunk trim off
Hate pointy animals

Tags: